PDA

View Full Version : Park Program produces again

Lodge Scent
10-16-2022, 07:33 PM
Another of my sites that has not given up a copper in years gave up an Matron today along with a watch winder. I'm still experimenting with variatons of the Park program and it does seem to have some good unmasking abilities. I ran the Silencer at 3 to deal with the small iron and cranked the Bottle Cap Reject up to 5 to deal with the bigger iron. I ran the machine "slow" with a Reactivity of 1.5 to be able to get decent depth. Notched out up to 40 and used 3 Tones. I added a 4th Tone later and I think that helped me find that copper. Like Drew was saying in his post, the copper probably had the worst tone of any copper I've ever dug. Just a scratchy blip in that 4th tone forcing itself through the iron crackle but it was enough to get my attention. I almost passed on it but I looked at the XY screen and it had small forward slash loop indication of a non-ferrous target. I dug 2 large crusty nail heads out of the hole before my pinpointer signaled on the coin. I missed out on a great learning opportunity by not checking the signal in the stock Park program or the Deep HC program that I had purposely installed adjacent to my program.

https://i.imgur.com/QrBf1cK.jpg

The watch winder was a screamer. I expected it to be a shot gun shell base.

https://i.imgur.com/PbZULrR.jpg

Ticks were out, be careful.

Jeff

OxShoeDrew
10-17-2022, 09:01 AM
Great work, Jeff! How'd the coin turn out? I tell ya, when near a cellar hole I just recently learned to dig EVERYthing that even partially beeps above iron. My new motto, "If it gets your attention, dig it." :lol:

badgers325
10-17-2022, 01:54 PM
Congrats Jeff!!! I agree Drew, pending on where I am and how "hunted out" a place might be determines whether or not I dig it if it is an iffy signal or a why are you digging this signal.

Lodge Scent
10-18-2022, 07:08 AM
Badgers, Drew, yeah I am with you. Some sites, especially the worn out sites, just dig it up !

Drew I was lucky to get a date off of it (1832), it's toasted.

OxShoeDrew
10-18-2022, 02:32 PM
Yep, I agree with you guys, there are are parameters that dictate digging or not...one is who you're digging with. If you're with Jeff, or Dan, or other vacuums around here you can't afford to be digging pipe dreams. :lol: