PDA

View Full Version : Recent Local Finds - Nothing Too Special

Tony Two-Cent
11-28-2022, 12:59 PM
I went door knocking here in Robinson this past Saturday and finally found someone home and got a "yes" at a super old brick house that I've had my eye on for quite some time. The lady told me it was built in 1865. It didn't take me long to realize that someone, or multiple someones had beat me to it. Alas, I did squeak out two Indian Head Cents that they missed.

Most of the other finds are from the farm fields I've been hunting. I'm still searching for that "WOW!" find from these fields.

The Buick emblem is the radiator badge from a 1915-1918 Buick. I was also able to determine that the window crank handle is from a 1968-1972 Camaro/Firebird/Nova/Corvette. :thumbsup01:

Full Metal Digger
11-28-2022, 02:04 PM
Hey, any time you get silver and indian head cents, that's not a bad haul. I would however like to point out that you are KILLING my OCD! You need to rearrange those IHCs in the correct order! It's going to bug me all day just thinking about how they are in the incorrect order! Anyhow, best wishes and happy digging! Dave.

Tony Two-Cent
11-28-2022, 02:13 PM
You need to rearrange those IHCs in the correct order! It's going to bug me all day just thinking about how they are in the incorrect order!

I blame my poor eyesight! I thought the last one was 1908! It wasn't until after I posted it that I noticed it was actually 1903. :cool: :embarrassed:

OxShoeDrew
11-28-2022, 02:41 PM
Very nice haul! When you knock on doors do you usually ask the detecting history of the property? Door knocking is very interesting to me as it's not a thing here. Dave must go apoplectic when he sees my posts. :lol:

Tony Two-Cent
11-28-2022, 03:05 PM
When you knock on doors do you usually ask the detecting history of the property?

I definitely should have!

del
11-28-2022, 03:57 PM
not the "midwest pristine greenies" indians that i usually expect from you guys but i would take them any day , Tony . very nice finds.:clapping:

You left out the best car in your assumption of the window crank mystery ..... The Chevelle but it could also be from a skylark ,gto , cutlass too .

I would however like to point out that you are KILLING my OCD! You need to rearrange those IHCs in the correct order! It's going to bug me all day just thinking about how they are in the incorrect order!

:rofl::lol::lol:

Digger Don
11-30-2022, 08:21 PM
Nice bunch of finds Tony. It's hard these days to find a property that hasn't been hit.
But yet, you pulled some nice coins a relics. Great Job!!

badgers325
12-02-2022, 02:39 PM
Congrats Tony! Indians and silver is a great day!! Still need to get down your way and hit that permission I have access to. Certainly will let you know. Been tough sledding these days with work etc.

The Rebel
12-03-2022, 02:47 PM
Very nice Tony!

wisconsin digger
12-03-2022, 04:41 PM
Nice batch of coins and relice. Think I got my last hunt in a couple of days ago, 11 degrees this morning. Congrats on the finds and thx for posting. WD