PDA

View Full Version : New Sites

OxShoeDrew
11-29-2022, 02:27 PM
Was happy to get a new site yesterday which produced the colonial objects in the picture. The newer things were from another site. The POTUS token was a surface find at a park when I wasn't even detecting :lol:
Today, I got a second new site which looks WONDERFUL...but you know how it goes...you never know until you start detecting.
Anyone know what that Meteor Gas Co thing is for? Thanks!

Tony Two-Cent
11-29-2022, 03:39 PM
Any idea what the coin is? I think I can see Britannia and a left-facing bust.

I would guess that the Meteor Gas thingy is the face of a gas gauge but you probably already knew that much. :-)

Congrats on getting some new sites to detect! They always get our hopes up!

OxShoeDrew
11-29-2022, 04:00 PM
Thanks, Tony...I assume that coin is a KG2 or some such thing, Hey, I just learned that little doll is a "Frozen Charlotte" doll. https://www.atlasobscura.com/articles/frozen-charlotte-dolls

Any idea what that screw thing at top is?

del
11-29-2022, 05:39 PM
I agree with Tony it looks to be a gage face plate that had a needle indicator , the copper is a connecticut as i can almost read the "auctori" on the left side of the bust . i'm curious to the item on the far right side of the "group" picture .

Dan

OxShoeDrew
11-29-2022, 06:24 PM
Thanks, Dan!
That piece is thin. I have no idea what it is.
That screw thing at top looks familiar, like I've found one before. Thought it was a bottom of a light bulb in the hole.

Digger_O'Dell
11-29-2022, 07:46 PM
Great finds, and wish you the best of luck on the new sites. As for the screw looking thing I think that may be a vacume relief valve. Threads into a pipe or tank and if the vacume overcomes spring tension it'll pull the stem down to let air in. Used a lot on tanks to prevent them from imploding from vacume when emptying while keeping out the elements.

Next, the gauge face plate I'm 99.9% sure it is from the acetylene tank used for auto headlights. Found this ad from 1911.

OxShoeDrew
11-30-2022, 06:49 AM
WOW, Chris, that's so interesting!! Thanks so much! I bet an automobile was a rare thing in these parts in 1911. Some of the roads are STILL dirt :lol:.
Thanks again!

badgers325
12-02-2022, 02:42 PM
Great finds Drew! Nice help Chris!

The Rebel
12-03-2022, 02:33 PM
WTG Drew! The screw thingy I would guess is an older style bottle stopper?? Looks like a great site to hit all winter.