PDA

View Full Version : Silver Opportunity

angellionel
09-23-2010, 07:55 PM
Today I was waiting to pick up my vehicle from the dealer, so rather than hang around I headed to a park not far from the dealership. Better to go detecting than sit in a stuffy show room watching TV and eating donuts. :cheesysmile: While at the park I picked up two silver quarters, a 1942 Washington and a 1920 Standing Liberty. She is a bit tarnished, but still pretty. :smitten:

http://www.angellionel.com/myfinds/2010/September/silverquarters_092310.jpg

Some of the other finds.

http://www.angellionel.com/myfinds/2010/September/cents_092310.jpg

http://www.angellionel.com/myfinds/2010/September/misc_092310.jpg

HH!

Ill Digger
09-23-2010, 08:21 PM
Thats looks like good use of your time :thumbsup01:
I'm still looking for SL #1 :crying01:
The misc. items are pretty interesting . The item on the right looks like a stamped coin almost :thinkingabout:
Cool digs !
Congrats :grin:

angellionel
09-23-2010, 08:25 PM
Thats looks like good use of your time :thumbsup01:
I'm still looking for SL #1 :crying01:
The misc. items are pretty interesting . The item on the right looks like a stamped coin almost :thinkingabout:
Cool digs !
Congrats :grin:

The one to the right is a button. :yes: The pendants are small. The one next to the button is sterling silver.

coinnut
09-23-2010, 08:37 PM
You have a one track mind :lol: detecting :thumbsup01: But a real nice way to spend the time. I hate dealerships and the 4 hour waits :rolleyes: Nice SLQ and a real nice old button. :shocked04: Probably colonial or close to it if it's a one piece.

angellionel
09-23-2010, 08:48 PM
You have a one track mind :lol: detecting :thumbsup01:But a real nice way to spend the time. I hate dealerships and the 4 hour waits :rolleyes: Nice SLQ and a real nice old button. :shocked04: Probably colonial or close to it if it's a one piece.

I can't help it.:lol: The four hour wait was well invested. :cheesysmile: Yeah, the button is one piece. :yes: The site could very likely yield some older silver too. :drool:

Beefcake
09-23-2010, 09:57 PM
I can't get over how black your silver comes out up there..wow. That SLQ will clean up really nice, there's lots of good detail on it! Congrats!

jkress
09-23-2010, 10:48 PM
Nice... way to squeak a little more detecting time in.

Do you have a running total on silver face value? At $21 an oz., you must have a small fortune you have recovered from the ground.

Congrats.

HEAVYMETALNUT
09-24-2010, 06:49 AM
c'mon 1,000!!!!!!!! you are gonna do it dude! :thumbsup01:

RobW
09-24-2010, 08:14 AM
I swear, you and those religous metals, you could open your own store and sell them you have such an inventory!
Nice finds and great way to be productive.

rsarge1
09-24-2010, 09:03 AM
very nice thats the way to spend your time waiting lol it was a very fruitfull wait
wtg

tanacat
09-24-2010, 01:11 PM
Ooooh I like the ship pendant! :thumbsup01:

Congrats on that pretty SLQ Please show us how she looks after cleaning if you think about it! Aluminum foil and baking soda?

angellionel
09-24-2010, 04:22 PM
Thanks for the comments everyone!

Nice... way to squeak a little more detecting time in.

Do you have a running total on silver face value? At $21 an oz., you must have a small fortune you have recovered from the ground.

Congrats.

I do have a running total. The current total face value of this year's silver coins is $107 :yes:

c'mon 1,000!!!!!!!! you are gonna do it dude! :thumbsup01:

I'm not sure I'm going to make it, but it will be fun trying. :lol: Thanks, Dave!

I swear, you and those religous metals, you could open your own store and sell them you have such an inventory!
Nice finds and great way to be productive.

Yeah, it's been a year of religious pendants. :shocked01:

very nice that's the way to spend your time waiting :lol: it was a very fruitful wait
wtg

It does make the waiting bearable. :lol:

Ooooh I like the ship pendant! :thumbsup01:

Congrats on that pretty SLQ Please show us how she looks after cleaning if you think about it! Aluminum foil and baking soda?

I am thinking of cleaning the SLQ before placing her in a 2X2. I'll post a photo when I do. :yes: