PDA

View Full Version : side walk tearout!

wild willy
09-24-2010, 04:19 AM
hi all! i was driving down the street the other day and was stuck in traffic in down town rockland and noticed the side walk being torn up so i made a mental note to go back early in the morn. so about 5 oclock i went to the coffee shop and made my order and received the change and was about to throw it in the tip jar and noticed something different. its the new penny! i love the designe. so outside i went and it was still dark but i saw that someone was already detecting the side walk! and noticed the guy had the same exact setup as me. had some small talk and started. the first thing i found was the cool looking book clasp in front of a old church( probley for a bible) the guy was on his way back and showed me his finds. a fork and a indian head penny and then said good luck and left. right after that i found the 51 dime. it was time to leave then because the work crew was showing up. not much but i like the clasp. willy

coinnut
09-24-2010, 06:22 AM
Hey willy, Nice grab on the silver dime. Sidewalks can be great or just a bust. Most of mine are a bust lol That book clasp is pretty cool looking. We had a small discussion on the new penny here:
http://www.americandetectorist.com/forum/index.php?topic=2392.0
Some people like it, others think it's plain or boring, but I like it. thumbsup01 Looks kinda old. Everyone does agree on one thing, it won't last long in the ground lol

RobW
09-24-2010, 12:20 PM
Got to get it when the getting is good. Nice!

BOWSER
10-04-2010, 08:04 PM
nice bill, i can't get my fanny up that early :envious:

HEAVYMETALNUT
10-04-2010, 08:11 PM
nice silver and the bookmarker thing is cool thumbsup01

zrickkid
10-18-2010, 10:21 PM
I'll always detect those tear-outs as thats where i seem to have really good luck.

dave in iowa
10-21-2010, 03:07 PM
got a 51 dime yesterday too, i went to 2 side walk tear outs , no luck , good luck all

jkress
10-22-2010, 07:10 PM
Nice finds WW. :clapping:

I have never had any luck on the side walk tear outs yet. Unfortunately I notice most of them when they are being re-poured.

Congrats.

SeabeeRon
10-23-2010, 01:18 PM
Nice finds WW. :clapping:

I have never had any luck on the side walk tear outs yet. Unfortunately I notice most of them when they are being re-poured.

Congrats.

Yeah, that wet cement is hard to swing in! :rolleyes: :poke: Sorry, couldn't resist! :twirlingeyes:

Dixie Rebel
01-03-2011, 12:35 PM
I am like a boy scout be prepared. I take my tector everywhere I go never know what you may find. Sidewalk tear out are sometimes good I've found some silver.

M-Taliesin
01-03-2011, 12:45 PM
Howdy Willy!
Great to see you here and posting! I personally love sidewalk tear-outs and have made some of my best finds where the sidewalk used to be considering they went to all the trouble of ripping out the sidewalk!

That dime is wonderful, and the clasp is a real interesting find.
You done great for a short hunt, compadre!
Way to go!

Blessings,
M-Taliesin

rsarge1
01-03-2011, 01:53 PM
I hunt those tear outs every chance I get in fact the last one I did I talked with the foreman of the work crew and he let me stay even while they were working and I did'nt get in the way with one stipulation I had to wear a safety vest, so now I cary a safety vest and a hard hat in my car cause you never know when it will come in handy. you can find some great things in those tear outs esp if youre the first to hit it after the concrete is gone. I was waiting for the crew to remove the top layer and hit it as soon as it came up LOL. :cheering: sometimes I even had to move out of the way real fast or get run over by the machines rofl rofl.

wtg

Evan/tn
01-03-2011, 04:57 PM
Yep i need to try a tear out some time but i don't see them or don't notice them i guess :shocked01:
Nice find on the silver Willy

giant056
01-03-2011, 05:07 PM
Big congrats on the silver Willy thumbsup01 I love hunting them sidewalk tearouts. That's a neat looking clasp too. Sometimes them sidewalks have a date on them too which makes it even more interesting. I know the guy that's in charge of the of supervising the subcontractors for the city and he'll always tell me where they're supposed to work next.

cnr_dogs
01-03-2011, 10:26 PM
NIce hunt quality over quantity WTG

Carver
01-05-2011, 08:26 PM
That's a good find Willy :clapping: :clapping: :clapping:

Judy
01-06-2011, 10:55 AM
Nice find Wild Man ;)

del
01-06-2011, 03:29 PM
nothing wrong with sidewalk tear outs Willy , congrats on the rosie.

russellt
01-09-2011, 08:51 PM
congrats on the silver

Nitro 54
01-09-2011, 09:00 PM
Nice finds Willy thumbsup01 thumbsup01

Civil War Nut
01-12-2011, 08:59 PM
Nice finds WW.