PDA

View Full Version : Republican Blues

fyrffytr1
01-15-2023, 09:48 PM
My buddy Kevin invited me to hunt with him this afternoon at a freshly plowed and rained on site.My first good signal was the front to an Infantry cuff button. Then I got into some trash so I moved to a different part of the field. The spot I chose had been hunted just yesterday but I found a CS staff button there about 7 years ago so I started working a grid ninety degrees to the way it was hunted yesterday and I also hunted a little outside of the grid from yesterday. I was soon rewarded with a Artillery coat button that retained a fair amount of gold. It has a raised backmark but I can't make it out. Next came an Infantry coat with a Horstmann & Allien /NY backmark. MY next good signal and the best find of my day had me stumped at first. I didn't have my glasses and couldn't quite make out the front but it looked like a 33 surrounded by a wreath. it was getting dark so I headed back to the truck without finding anything else worth mentioning.
I met Kevin at the truck and he showed me his finds from yesterday and today that included an 1876 seated dime and a 1 piece North Carolina button. I showed him my buttons saving the "33" for last. When I handed it to him he had a few choice words for me before informing me that my "33" was actually an RB.
I have dreamed about going to the Georgia coast and finding a Republican Blues button but never in my wildest dreams did I think I would find one here in the western part of the state.
So far 2023 has been my best year hunting in a long long time. I hope my streak continues but if I get skunked from here on out I'll still be a happy camper!

Tony Two-Cent
01-16-2023, 12:17 PM
Incredible buttons! I had to Google Republican Blues because I had never heard of it. What a cool piece of history! It's in very decent shape too!

:congrats:

Bucknut
01-17-2023, 09:56 AM
I’ve never heard of that button either. Great finds!!

The Rebel
01-17-2023, 07:07 PM
WTG on the RB Button! Never heard of them and also had to look them up. I'm guessing it's a very rare button.

OxShoeDrew
01-17-2023, 09:42 PM
I'm sooo happy for you! :happydance02: You've been doing very well!! Keep it up!