PDA

View Full Version : Visiting an old Manor

Menzl
02-17-2023, 02:42 PM
Hello, I want to show you a few pictures of my last trip. I happened to be in a beautiful little village in the middle of the forest. You could feel that spring is coming soon. A bit off the beaten track was an old house and I decided to visit it. One door was broken and I could go in. Very sad that it is falling apart like this. I read up on the history. It was built around 1600 for a family of knights. For hundreds of years they lived and died there. In 1945 the communists expelled and expropriated the family. Since then, the beautiful house has been crumbling. In the garden I found another collapsed cellar. I wonder what is still hidden there? Hope I could show you something nice. Many greetings

Menzl
02-17-2023, 02:49 PM
A few more pictures from inside

Tony Two-Cent
02-17-2023, 04:12 PM
Wow! :wow:

What a spectacular structure! This was an incredible mansion at one time. It's a crying shame that it has been allowed to fall into ruin. It looks like it could be restored but it would be expensive.

Is there any chance that you can metal detect around it?

del
02-17-2023, 04:15 PM
great pictures Menzl , it makes me a bit sad to see great old places abandon and crumbling away like that . I hope you find something from them .

Dan

OxShoeDrew
02-17-2023, 05:59 PM
WOW!!!!!!! I would think since 1945 abandoned structures would look way worse in New England!! I think you are going to do very well there!!

Cheap Thrills
02-17-2023, 08:42 PM
Thanks for a most enjoyable post Menzl.Great history and pictures. Best of luck to you in your future adventures there.