PDA

View Full Version : Awesome day detecting with Tony and Don!

Full Metal Digger
02-21-2023, 01:22 PM
Hello diggers,
Tony, Don, and I live on opposite sides of the state of Illinois. We decided to meet somewhere in the middle and do some door knocking. We picked a small town (where folks tend to be friendlier) and got several yesses. It was a fun day, and the weather was actually pretty nice with temperatures in the 40's. The ground was pretty much thawed out and digging was not a problem. We each got a bit of silver and a couple keepers in the pouch. The best part was being able to hang out with good friends! Looking forward to the next time fellas! Best wishes and happy digging, Dave.

Bucknut
02-22-2023, 03:22 PM
Well done! February detecting is a big bonus for most of us. Congrats.

Ill Digger
02-22-2023, 06:16 PM
Wish I could have made it Dave.
But as you know I was needed at at home. Family first, right.
Glad you fellas had a mixed bag of goodies! Even if you guys would have struck out, it still would have been a great day!
Congrats on your finds man!:grin:

Tony Two-Cent
02-23-2023, 10:44 AM
Thanks for creating this post, Dave! It was a beautiful day for detecting even if we didn't find any bucket list items. Sorry you couldn't make it, Tim. Next time!

It was great getting together with Dave and Don again! I think Don had the find of the day. I hope he posts it here. :yes:

Here are my meager finds:

OxShoeDrew
02-23-2023, 10:59 AM
So happy for you guys!!! So much fun! That dog tag with 3 digit phone number :lol:

Digger_O'Dell
02-23-2023, 03:26 PM
Still some great hunting Tony! Been so long since I found a silver I'm starting to forget what they look like. Thanks for the refresher!

BTV Digger
02-24-2023, 12:05 PM
Excellent finds guys! Jealous that you're detecting this time of year, while we're still buried in the white stuff up here. Only a month to 6 weeks left, and then it's game on! Until then - ugh! Isn't it funny how some towns are consistently friendly, while others are consistently not? I've run into the same thing here in VT.

John

Fire Fighter 43
03-18-2023, 01:38 PM
Nicely done Dave!