PDA

View Full Version : Pics of My Treasure Displays

Full Metal Digger
02-21-2023, 05:04 PM
Howdy Diggers,
I've been reorganizing my treasures and thought I'd share some pics of my little "museum." I hand-lettered all the little calligraphy signage myself and glued them to colored card stock. I still have several frames to complete and hang on the wall, so this is about 80% of my treasures. Once I get all my coins organized, I'll upload some pics of those. Thanks for looking and happy digging! Dave.

Tony Two-Cent
02-21-2023, 05:54 PM
Truly a museum, Dave! Those displays are INCREDIBLE! You have done an amazing job of cleaning and preserving the relics. I hope to see them in person someday!

How much do you charge for admission? ;)

Digger_O'Dell
02-22-2023, 02:51 PM
Wow, even after the experience working at the museum for a while it would be hard to tell that these are not actual museum displays. Truly amazing workmanship on the displays and professional restoration. Tony is right, you should charge admission!

:notworthy:

Bucknut
02-22-2023, 03:20 PM
Lots of world history there! Really looks fantastic! Isn't metal detecting fun?

wisconsin digger
02-23-2023, 08:40 AM
WOW is all that I can say. Thx for posting WD

OxShoeDrew
02-23-2023, 10:57 AM
That's really quite amazing, Dave!!! I'm blown away! So many different skills that came together!!! Congratulations!!!

BTV Digger
02-24-2023, 11:57 AM
Amazing Dave! So much eye candy there! Do you have your own electrolysis tank to help you preserve some of that old iron, or did you have someone else restore those. I have my own and have had mixed results - some good, some lousy.

John

The Rebel
02-24-2023, 08:26 PM
Beautiful collection!

Full Metal Digger
02-25-2023, 10:23 PM
Do you have your own electrolysis tank to help you preserve some of that old iron, or did you have someone else restore those?

John

Hi John, I have my own electrolysis setup and do all my own work. It was a learning experience and I had to redo many of my early items a second time once I got better at it.

Digger Don
02-26-2023, 06:21 PM
How much is admission Dave? I would love and take a tour of your museum!!
It's hard to believe how many great finds you dug in just three years.
Congrats Buddy, Very impressive!!!

Lodge Scent
02-26-2023, 08:54 PM
Impossible for me to pick a favorite out of all those great finds. The Bronze Age pieces are awesome, but you have one of the finest collection of iron artifacts that I have seen. That medieval door latch is mindboggling.

Fire Fighter 43
03-18-2023, 01:18 PM
An amazing display of finds Dave. I can’t wait to see them in person.