PDA

View Full Version : I'm beginning not to like the D2

Lodge Scent
06-10-2023, 03:13 PM
The D2 is so customizable, it just isn't healthy for an inveterate settings tweaker like me to use one. ;) Tried something different today and managed to sniff out another handfull of nonferrous items. Nothing spectacular but the fact that I can still squeeze some goodies out of these sites is rewarding. I stuck with General but instead of Full Tones I used a 5 Tone set up with High Square tones. I set up the tone buckets to amplify 88 to 99. My goal was to find at least 1 high conductor from this pounded site. It took a while but I finally heard a soft flutey high tone bouncing around in the low to mid 90's. It was that dandy button in the second pic. It was deep. I was running a reactivity of "0". With Disc at 6.8 and Silencer at 2, the falsing wasn't bad. I was amazed that even at a Reactivity of 0, it was able to find a couple of buttons that had iron in the hole with them. I dug a big pewter button about 20 feet from where I found a USA button many years back. Had my heart pumping hard for a minute.

Top items from last week. Bottom from this week.

https://i.imgur.com/t494I2V.jpg

The dandy made me work for it.

https://i.imgur.com/xdCai1D.jpg

wisconsin digger
07-18-2023, 06:09 AM
I could use you as a Mentor as I rarely do anything with my equipment. You and me are polar opposites. There must be a happy median somewhere to be found. I definitely need to play around more with my equipment as most of my hunting now is places I have been to many times before. It's nice you post this info as it gives me some motivation to get tweaking (not twerking - ha) Thx for the posts. WD

OxShoeDrew
07-18-2023, 07:12 AM
I missed this post, Jeff...nice job, there certainly is lots to fiddle with on the D2. I just updated to 1.1, haven't been out yet. All my saved programs are gone :lol: ...:crying01:
So the 80s iron falsing is better now with the update?

badgers325
07-19-2023, 11:19 AM
This hobby is so rewarding and frustrating at the same time. Spots you think you hit hard in every direction and got everything, only to find out that if you change a few settings, you can get out more stuff. Congrats on the finds!