PDA

View Full Version : First hunt with the Equinox 900

DGDigger
06-15-2023, 11:04 PM
Went to the local beach for the initial field trial. Found the usual clad and sparkler wires and a couple nails. Also found an interesting finger accessory.....not sure if it's purely decorative or also a self defense item.... 7104571046710477104871049

OxShoeDrew
06-16-2023, 04:15 AM
I wonder what that thing is...and didn't realize coins are still a thing at the beach. Did you use a lower numbered Nox before the 900? Congrats and best wishes with it. :thumbsup01:

Full Metal Digger
06-16-2023, 06:55 AM
I've seen those rings in movies...vampire movies!!!! They use the point to puncture the skin and then drink the blood! Yikes, you better be careful!

DGDigger
06-16-2023, 08:32 AM
Hi - I made the leap from the ACE 250..... I have a way to go learning the ox, but right out of the box I could tell that it was picking up deep targets amid the trash, particularly the dimes. This beach gets hunted by others so I didn't think I'd find much.

Bucknut
06-16-2023, 08:36 AM
Congrats on the first finds and the new machine. Hope it helps you find lots of treasure!

wisconsin digger
06-19-2023, 06:44 AM
The Nox is especially good in the sand as the depth can be amazing. Nice recoveries and good luck with the Nox I am sure you will be pleaeed. WD

Digger_O'Dell
06-19-2023, 10:04 PM
Nice finds!

FYI: Finger armor as those rings are called, are almost purely decorative, although some of them would be quite damaging in a fight. My better half wears them and I can attest to the fact that even though most are cheaply made they are quite expensive. There's a few on the market made from sterling that tend to be better quality and far more expensive, some are a lot heavier duty, and a very few are even made to be actual weapons if used in a fight, although they are often illegal. My girl had one set for her left hand that was more gauntlet as it was attached across the knuckles, covered the fingers and thumb, back of the hand, and had 1 inch razor sharp knife blades at the fingertips. (Yeah, that one was very expensive and the first one to get stolen)

Side note: We also found out while filing the police report how messed up our laws are here. Weapons grade finger armor can get a wearer (if used in a fight) up to 7 years in prison. If you use a gun, likely get less than 2 years. So just keep it in mind your local laws if you find one of the more weaponized ones and have it on you. Possession (These, brass knuckles, blackjacks, etc) often gets far more time than a concealed firearm...go figure