PDA

View Full Version : Silver Milestone

wisconsin digger
07-02-2023, 09:57 AM
It has been a long time since I posted as I am adjusting to my new normal. I have had some eye issues and I think I can start to get back to some normalcy which includes detecting. I was hoping to hit this goal last year but Memorial weekend of '22 is when the eye issues hit so I was shutdown. I made it to 1700 silver (since 2012) and its been a great adventure. Did it with a 1964 Washington Quarter. Also noticed I just surpassed 8000 clad quarters so that has covered a few detector purchases. My next Rosie will get me to 500 and 3 more Mercs will get me to 750 so you can figure out what most of my silver coins are. I think from this point forward I should be able to get out pretty regularly so maybe 1800 is not out of the questions. Either way its been a lot of fun. Wisconsin Digger. PS I included a few neat relics with a Silver Thimble (my first) and a neat Liberty Bell Medallion I think was from the 1920's.

Bucknut
07-02-2023, 12:27 PM
You average well over 100 silvers per year which is incredible! Congrats on the milestone and hope you are past your eye issues.

wisconsin digger
07-02-2023, 08:48 PM
Yes, Ive been fortunate in the past years with some really good spots. WD

Full Metal Digger
07-03-2023, 07:23 AM
Awesome job on all the silver! Your bell find reminds me of this find.

Tony Two-Cent
07-03-2023, 09:45 AM
That is an AMAZING silver total! :wow:

I have been doing this a long time and I'm only at 670 silver coins, so I can appreciate how impressive 1700 is. :yes:

I love that silver thimble too! They are fairly scarce!

:congrats:

wisconsin digger
07-03-2023, 01:27 PM
Dave I believe you have the same one but you found the part on the top as well. Selz Co. went out of business shortly after the depression so that is why I was thinking 1920's range. Thx Tony it's mostly Rosies and Mercs but it is still fun seeing a silver in the ground. Did find a 1898 "o" Barber Dine today. WD

The Rebel
07-03-2023, 05:12 PM
Sorry to hear about the eye issues. Man, you've killed it in the silver dept!

OxShoeDrew
07-08-2023, 01:22 PM
WOW!!! Such great totals! Off the charts! I forget, you swing an etrac for most of that?

wisconsin digger
07-09-2023, 08:28 AM
Thanks all. Most of the silver came with the Etrac but the last couple of years I have been using an Equinox. Thx Wisconsin Digger

Digger_O'Dell
07-10-2023, 02:52 PM
Glad to hear you are recovering from the eye issue finally, it's been quite a while! Since you're not really that far from my hunting range, I've always been a bit jealous of your silver counts-you find 100 where I may find 3. I'm starting to suspect you're hunting in front of me - wherever I may be, plucking out all the silvers and replacing them with brass rivets and high conducting pull tabs! :lol:

Either way, huge congrats on the milestone!

wisconsin digger
07-13-2023, 09:19 PM
Chris, no worries as I now live a half hour north of Antigo WI so we should not overlap much. If you ever head north drop me a line as I have a few spots we can always hit although its getting sparcer. THX WD

Digger_O'Dell
07-14-2023, 06:20 PM
WD-Wow, I had no idea you were so far North now! That part of the state wasn't even settled until the later 1800s, and it's still quite sparse. I've no idea when I would ever make it up that far, although I have had ambitions to try hitting some of the really early sites across the state such as Green Bay (1765), Prarie du Chien (1785), and La Pointe (1795). I've already explored sites from Cassville and Mineral Point without much luck, but who knows...lol So maybe we'll cross paths sooner or later, and I would love to get put with you for some digging!

badgers325
07-19-2023, 11:24 AM
Congrats WD on the finds and glad your eyes are getting better. I know in that area where you live there were old logging camp sites, but finding those would take a heck of a lot of walking in the woods. If I run across anything in my studies of WI history, I will let you know.