PDA

View Full Version : Not much, but I like it a lot!!!

badgers325
07-31-2023, 01:03 PM
Out for about 6 hours this weekend. First hunt was the CW store token/card. This is my 4th one ever and second from this site. My friends and I each have 2 (6 total) at this site. I am slowly cleaning this one for I don't have a lot of patience and know my limits when it comes to cleaning finds. Front states Groceries Provisions & Dry goods. Back is for a store in Milwaukee. Joseph Fischbein. Act 315 West Water St. Milwaukee WIS. Totally stoked!! These come out of the ground like angry IHP signals. Sounds like a loud IHP. Guessing it sounds like a fatty IHP.

The Rebel
07-31-2023, 06:44 PM
Nice finds! Been too hot for me to go out.

Digger_O'Dell
08-01-2023, 08:06 PM
Great find! I love finding those CW tokens and other items from that era, probably because they are so rare in our area.

As a side note, they start the tear out of the street between our brewery buildings on Monday. The street dates back to the early 1800s when the city was first being more heavily settled and just starting to expand away from the lakefront. This 1.5 block or so length of city street used to be one of the more traveled in the area until the freeway cut through the city in the early 70's, and it became mostly a short side street to nowhere in particular, and then became a private gated roadway. There's a few underground sewer pipes and utilities that probably date back to earlier times and have been updated a few times since with brewery expansions, but I'm hoping for some really old finds. Of course this depends not only what's under the pavement, but how deep the crews dig down to get access to what's under the gravel roadbed. Just hoping they don't cheap out and go for a simple scrape and fill because honestly, besides the goodies lurking underneath, the road is in horrible shape-poor grading and a base that is washing away underneath the blacktop making for some deep sinkholes.

Bucknut
08-01-2023, 09:31 PM
Congrats on the sweet store card!

wisconsin digger
08-02-2023, 08:49 PM
GREAT FIND. qUALITY OVER QUantity everytime. Thx for posting WD

Lodge Scent
08-03-2023, 07:27 PM
CW tokens are a great find !

badgers325
08-04-2023, 02:56 PM
Thanks everyone!

Good luck on the tearout DOD. Found a couple Mercs and wheaties in the park just north of where you will be (by HD).

Tony Two-Cent
08-09-2023, 10:03 AM
That CW era store card is a wonderful find! That is a terrific example. I have yet to find one. They are high up on my bucket list.

:congrats: