PDA

View Full Version : Ran the Sunray Stealth X 12 on my E Trac today...

Jack Flynn
11-17-2009, 07:32 PM
Very nice coil to say the least. What is different is the same as the X 8 Sunray I got a couple of weeks ago. The sound is sharper has less static on targets. I do like it and will probably get one of the 5 inchers too. Can anyone explain why the sound is sharper more defined with a different coil? I'm very well pleased.

coinnut
11-17-2009, 09:29 PM
Hey Jack, How'd the depth do on that coil compaired to the 11? About the same:huh: Don't have a clue on why it would sound better than the Minelab coils. Maybe it just picks up the residual (return) signal better than the other coils, so the machine process that better signal and reports it as a smoother sound. As long as it makes you dig more goods, who cares thumbsup01. But I'd like to know too lol

Jack Flynn
11-18-2009, 05:52 AM
CN that's what I'd like to know also as to why it sounds clearer, sharper? I didn't have the opportunity at this site for depth. I didn't know a bigger coil in a DD design would increase depth. What few targets I dug 15 were 4-6 deep then you could see the red clay sand mix fill under the topsoil so not a good depth site. Gotta be coil design or something.

deltacornbread
11-18-2009, 09:40 AM
Very nice coil to say the least. What is different is the same as the X 8 Sunray I got a couple of weeks ago. The sound is sharper has less static on targets. I do like it and will probably get one of the 5 inchers too. Can anyone explain why the sound is sharper more defined with a different coil? I'm very well pleased.

How does it sound on aluminum trash compared to factory coil?