PDA

View Full Version : Newby

RME
09-24-2023, 12:06 PM
Hello, Name is Roy (RME), born and raised in N. Myrtle Beach, S.C. (Crescent Beach).
I have been Mding on and off for last 53 years. Not much around this area to find except modern beach stuff and a few parks. Once a year my son and I go up to Culpeper & Cedar Mountain area for a week to hunt for relics. Good to be on the forum.

OxShoeDrew
09-24-2023, 12:30 PM
Nice to meet you, Roy! Do you have relatives in Culpeper? I bet that's exciting to hunt there! What are currently swinging? Anything from your long career you'd like to show? Welcome!

RME
09-24-2023, 02:02 PM
Nice to meet you, Roy! Do you have relatives in Culpeper? I bet that's exciting to hunt there! What are currently swinging? Anything from your long career you'd like to show? Welcome!
I'm currently using the Equinox 600 with the backup Garrett 350. I don't have relatives in Culpeper, just my Son's good friends have an 800 acre cow farm next to Cedar Mountain that we have gone to each year for the past 3 years. I really don't have a lot to show for all the years of Mding since about the only things you find here are not exactly keepers just thousands of coins & pocket stuff. I have found a few CW items from the battle of Cedar Mountain that I do keep and hope to add to them in times to come.

Lodge Scent
09-24-2023, 05:42 PM
Welcome RME. Hmmmmm...."not exactly keepers, just thousands of coins...." That is an impressive accomplishment!

Tony Two-Cent
09-25-2023, 08:33 AM
Welcome, Roy! We are glad you joined us! :yes:

You have been detecting for about the same number of years that I have. It's such an enjoyable and rewarding hobby.

I hope you will share your future detecting experiences and finds with us. Best of luck!

Bucknut
09-25-2023, 01:34 PM
Welcome to the forum

Digger_O'Dell
09-25-2023, 02:14 PM
Welcome to the forum! I know that even without too many historical items or old coins, there has to be tons of goodies on the beach or in the surf including plenty of gold and silver-unless it's like my situation where there's probably 10 detectorists per beach each day that hoover up even the pull tabs and foil.
:detecting:

del
09-25-2023, 04:40 PM
Good to have you Roy and welcome ! Myrtle Beach area is a beautiful place the wife and I have visited frequently the last few years . I hope to get down that way soon to do some detecting and fossil digging .
What are some of your most proudest of recoveries ?

Dan

RME
09-25-2023, 05:08 PM
Good to have you Roy and welcome ! Myrtle Beach area is a beautiful place the wife and I have visited frequently the last few years . I hope to get down that way soon to do some detecting and fossil digging .
What are some of your most proudest of recoveries ?

Dan
Thanks for the welcome. I posted a pic today on The Display Case of a few CW relics dug at Cedar Mountain that i'm the most proud of.