PDA

View Full Version : More GOLD and othe rings at the beach

Bucknut
10-02-2023, 10:49 AM
Here are some recent beach detecting finds. I found my 9th gold item of 2023 on Saturday! Just a small 14K gold ring but the rush is always fun. Also I found a small 925 heart ring.

All the other rings are junk. The silver rosie came at a park a few weeks ago.

Thanks for looking!
Jared

Digger_O'Dell
10-02-2023, 02:04 PM
Very nice Jared! Glad to see someone is still hitting the gold, which has been in short supply in recent times. The silver is also a great find. But, I'm wondering about both the stars and shield item, and the other ring on the top left. Is that cast tin or lead? Could be something quite old if it is-wondering what the logo is too.

Bucknut
10-04-2023, 10:07 AM
Very nice Jared! Glad to see someone is still hitting the gold, which has been in short supply in recent times. The silver is also a great find. But, I'm wondering about both the stars and shield item, and the other ring on the top left. Is that cast tin or lead? Could be something quite old if it is-wondering what the logo is too.

The other ring is perhaps lead. It has a horse figure on it and there is a broken version in the pic too that has an eagle on it I think. Perhaps cracker jack toys?

The stars and stripe pin thing states "Home, Guard, National Defense" on it. Not sure how old it is.

Digger_O'Dell
10-04-2023, 02:38 PM
Good guess on being a cracker jack toy, I hadn't thought of that but I think you're correct. As for the shield, judging by the style and the enamel, and the other items you've found in the area, my guess it's likely from in the range of the 1920s-40s.

badgers325
10-05-2023, 08:42 AM
I bow to you sir! No gold for me this year....yet.

wisconsin digger
11-25-2023, 05:14 AM
Nice batch of recoveries. Thx for posting. I think my season is coming to an end this week with 7 straight days of subfreezing weather. WD

Lodge Scent
11-25-2023, 09:35 PM
Wow! 9 pieces of gold just this year. I've never dug any gold....ever.