PDA

View Full Version : Silver, wheats, ring and a tootsie...

jkress
09-26-2010, 01:05 AM
I got out for a good 4 hours today. <: Unfortunately it was tough picking.

My IH spot has dried up, my new spot is pretty stingy and a semi new spot didn't produce. :confused: I guess just one of those days. :blackeye:

Couldn't get one good signal at my IH site. Talked a little with the owner this morning and he mentioned that a couple of guys hunted the yard quite a bit about 10 years ago.... at least they left me 9 IH's, some wheats, a Barber quarter, a Barber dime and a Merc.

My new spot only produced the war nickel, ring, a big tootsie toy and token.... oh yeah, and one 1971 half dollar. :ticked: I figure if you are lucky enough to get a half dollar... it's only fair that it should be silver... right??

The last stop of the day was a yard I hunted once before with only one silver rosie to show. This place produced only some clad.

http://homepage.mac.com/j.kress/AmericanDetectorist/pictures/picture-28.jpg

For as long as I got to hunt today, I figured I might just do a little better.

The up side....... with the war nickel, I'm only one away from my silver goal this year. :happydance01:

Good luck on Sunday everyone.

dave in iowa
09-26-2010, 01:55 AM
Just got home Joe , good hunt , you are 10 silvers ahead of me , good year

randy
09-26-2010, 06:30 AM
with the war nickel, I'm only one away from my silver goal this year. :happydance01:

Nice silver and good luck with your goal.

coinnut
09-26-2010, 06:58 PM
I really like the car and the ring and the token too lol It was a good hunt and I'm pretty sure the goal will be met thumbsup01 And exceeded too :clapping: Wait for some good soaking rain and hit that Indian site from a different direction. It will give up more.

angellionel
09-26-2010, 07:06 PM
I do like the wartime silver nickels. They do hold up quite well, and even when stained they clean up nicely. Yours looks to be in very good shape. The site that has yielded the IH's may yet produce more for you. :happydance01:

Ill Digger
09-26-2010, 11:06 PM
.... oh yeah, and one 1971 half dollar. :ticked: I figure if you are lucky enough to get a half dollar... it's only fair that it should be silver... right??
I agree :yes:

I really like the trade token !! I'm always tickeled to find'em!!
Nice finds!
Congrats :grin:

HEAVYMETALNUT
09-27-2010, 08:53 AM
very nice! bet there's still a few more goodies that yard is willing to give up! ;)

tanacat
10-04-2010, 08:39 AM
Bummer on the half :crying02: I bet you were disappointed. What's the story on the ring? Love the car. So what is your silver goal for the year? I see I'm a week late on this post, you've prob already met your goal by now huh? lol