PDA

View Full Version : morning merc

randy
09-26-2010, 12:01 PM
Was planning to hunt all morning then sit back with a cold one and watch the Phillies make the playoffs for the 4th straight season, but only got about an hour in before the rain hit >:\ :bangahead01:. I don't know how much rain these machines can take, but I never end up risking it. Did score a merc and a couple of wheats in that time, and since it is a site I've never really hit much before, there is promise for another day.

The good news is that we are supposed to get 2 inches of rain over the next few days, or so they say >:\ >:\ >:\, lets hope so to send this dry ground packing and get those deep silvers singin' :happydance01:

kenfen
09-26-2010, 12:13 PM
That's a really pretty Merc. I've not found one yet. I'm headed out in a minute, so today is day! It has been raining here too, but it's stopped for now, so off I go!

Regards, Ken

z118
09-26-2010, 01:30 PM
How is it you're a Phillies fan Randy? I'm a Red Sox fan myself, so baseball has been more or less over for me, though I see they are halfway making it intersting this weekend. Anyway, congrats on the Merc. I'd love to get some of that rain up here...

angellionel
09-26-2010, 03:54 PM
A merc before the rain. :happydance01: I hope you are able to get back to that site soon. Hopefully there will be a few more silver pieces waiting to be found. :yes:

coinnut
09-26-2010, 06:55 PM
How come all the Mercs from the 40's are in really good shape? lol Don't they wear like the rest of them? :confused: Great short hunt and definitely a good sign of things to come. I can't wait for some rain also!! :drool:

jkress
09-26-2010, 08:35 PM
Bummer on the rain but congrats on the Merc!! She looks like a beauty.

I'm sure your new place will light up after the rain.

Good luck.

Ill Digger
09-26-2010, 10:50 PM
To bad it got cut short, but you had a good take for a short hunt!!
Any hunt with silver in your pocket is a good one!!
Congrats :grin:
We're in need of some rain too. >:\

Exploreruser
09-26-2010, 11:04 PM
Sweet looking Merk.. :yes: We had about a week of rain, now its 70's & soft ground for the next few weeks.. :smitten: