PDA

View Full Version : Mixed bag this morning...

jkress
09-26-2010, 01:42 PM
I've been hunting a yard that has been very tight with coins but rather generous with other stuff. :)

I put the dime in for size reference... the key measures right about 5 inches and the gun is small. The gun actually works... I can cock the hammer and pull the triger. lol

Not quite sure the era of the military button. Perhaps WWII ?

The bracelet pieces are silver. I don't think the ring is... no stamp.

Definitely a fun day. I was never sure what would be coming out of the hole next.

http://homepage.mac.com/j.kress/AmericanDetectorist/pictures/picture-29.jpg

HEAVYMETALNUT
09-26-2010, 02:06 PM
cool finds! i dug the same exact toy gun like 15 yrs ago and mine works perfectly too.nice job! thumbsup01

angellionel
09-26-2010, 03:51 PM
It's nice to see skeleton keys with the tooth still intact. I have found a few where that park had been broken off. Good hunt!

Epi-hunter
09-26-2010, 05:25 PM
Nice finds!!!

By the way, I was born and raised in Maquoketa. I'm sure you know it. :) I love going back there to detect.

del
09-27-2010, 02:39 AM
some very cool items Jkress, so what is the gun (capgun or lighter :huh:) yes skeleton keys are very interesting things to find thumbsup01

I was never sure what would be coming out of the hole next.
thats the reason i like relic hunting so much :happydance01:

wild willy
09-27-2010, 03:28 AM
i also found the same gun. still works. willy

jkress
09-27-2010, 07:46 AM
some very cool items Jkress, so what is the gun (capgun or lighter :huh:)

Definitely not a lighter. I don't think it is a cap gun either... doesn't really look like there's a place to insert caps. Of course, I could be wrong.

Up to this point, I guess I've always been a coin shooter but I can see myself really enjoying relic searching too.

jkress
09-27-2010, 07:51 AM
cool finds! i dug the same exact toy gun like 15 yrs ago and mine works perfectly too.nice job! thumbsup01

i also found the same gun. still works. willy

Looks like this particular toy gun was popular, lost frequently and well built. lol

RobW
09-27-2010, 09:10 AM
Nice hunting...I like the dog!