PDA

View Full Version : Hello From White Plains, New York!

MD4V.org
03-22-2024, 08:22 AM
Hello everyone! I'm Terry and I started detecting in 1976, for gold nuggets in Arizona. I had bad PTSD when I got out of the Army, and a friend suggested metal detecting to calm and relax me. It worked! Today I'm the President of Metal Detectors 4 Veterans, Inc.( MD4V.org ), a 501c3 charitable organization that supplies metal detectors to financially insecure veterans suffering from PTSD and related conditions.

I have been lucky enough to find quite a few relics from the Revolutionary War era here in White Plains, and really enjoy holding history in my hands. Also an avid beach detector. Looking forward to sharing some finds and seeing yours!

Full Metal Digger
03-22-2024, 01:29 PM
Welcome to our Forum! I served 24 years in the USAF and also find detecting to be very calming. We have lots of cool finds that get posted on here and lots of very knowledgeable people to help ID finds. Best wishes and happy digging, Dave.

Digger_O'Dell
03-22-2024, 02:44 PM
Hello Terry and welcome to the forum! I have heard about your organization some years ago when I heard about veterans not only needing the equipment, but mentors as well to help them learn the sport and maybe even become hunting partners locally. I had sent an email to the reply address listed but never heard back so guessing there probably wasn't a need in my area. Although I have less free time now, I'm still open to the idea. Still, I thank you for your service and applaud your work.

OxShoeDrew
03-23-2024, 06:19 AM
Welcome, Terry! I remember all your cool finds over the years on other forums. I'm glad you found us!

Lodge Scent
03-23-2024, 04:01 PM
Good to have you Terry. Looking forward to your posts. I have a buddy that did tours in Kosovo and Afghanastan. When he got out, detecting really helped him cope when things got tough.

Iceman-ny
03-24-2024, 08:09 AM
Welcome sir, great group of guys here, I'm north of you in NYS.

MD4V.org
03-27-2024, 01:09 PM
Thank You All for the warm Welcome! - Terry