PDA

View Full Version : Got Out Dirt Fishing

Iceman-ny
04-16-2024, 09:56 AM
I hit an ole stone wall on my property the other day, wife asked me to find a mason jar of ole coins in the wall :daydream: I didn't but I did find several harrow spikes and a few sq nails next to the stone wall about 6" down, I knew it was iron, but I dug it anyway ya got to:thumbsup01: got me some vintage paper weights:)

Bucknut
04-16-2024, 10:43 AM
Pretty cool! Those easily could have an axe head or other iron tool. You never know til you dig them up.

Lodge Scent
04-16-2024, 05:58 PM
Nice! I don't often pass on digging a big iron signal either.

Digger_O'Dell
04-16-2024, 11:40 PM
Those are some really hefty spikes!

I don't really ever dig big iron any more. I used to, but after digging up things like a rear wheel from a steam engine, car hood from the 40's, and other junk of that size, I just can't justify it! lol

Iceman-ny
04-23-2024, 04:33 PM
Those are some really hefty spikes!

I don't really ever dig big iron any more. I used to, but after digging up things like a rear wheel from a steam engine, car hood from the 40's, and other junk of that size, I just can't justify it! lol

You still have the wheel and the car hood? Hey I had to ask. I have several 5 gal pails full of ole iron relics, just can't seem to part with them, if them ole relics could just talk, what a story they would have.

Digger_O'Dell
04-23-2024, 07:38 PM
You still have the wheel and the car hood? Hey I had to ask. I have several 5 gal pails full of ole iron relics, just can't seem to part with them, if them ole relics could just talk, what a story they would have.

Those oversize relics are still sitting in the woods, along with other old vehicle body panels and farm implement parts. That area really intrigues me though...I found an old cellar hole (Very rare find in my parts) but couldn't seem to locate much of anything other than a few musket balls, plated spoon handle, and such things like that. But the area right outside the hole to maybe 10-15 feet from the walls are loaded with metal. Mostly rusty bits of wire. Probably have better results detecting in a ball bearing factory since it's like putting the coil over a steel plate.

fyrffytr1
04-24-2024, 08:53 PM
On one of the sites I hunt I dig every signal. I have dug a french trade ax and cut up musket barrels among other stuff. But, I only dig iron at that site.

Iceman-ny
04-28-2024, 07:47 AM
On one of the sites I hunt I dig every signal. I have dug a french trade ax and cut up musket barrels among other stuff. But, I only dig iron at that site.

If you don't dig it you will never know what it is, right? could be a relic of historical value, or a cool conversation piece :thumbsup01: or junk. I been thinking of changing my nick from Iceman to Mr. Sqnail :lol: