PDA

View Full Version : Foundation revisited

Islandhunter
11-17-2009, 08:24 PM
Got out of work early today so raced back to the foundation I was at yesterday and had a couple hours of daylight to play. Had visions of finding my first silver bust coin today but it was not to be. Didn;t make out as well as yesterday coin wise but did manage some relics. Found an old insulator that was wrapped in copper wire that says Whiteall Tatum No. 3 Made in USA 20-47 Also foudn an old flat button which does have a back mark I can;t read but have it soaking now. Also found a tip to something as well as an old stopper that says...Hold Fast Unlosable Stopper.... they obviously lied... ;)

Dave
11-18-2009, 01:17 AM
Those are neat relic's. Is the insulator worth anything?

Islandhunter
11-18-2009, 03:33 AM
Those are neat relic's. Is the insulator worth anything?

Dave....I have no clue as to if it has any value. I don;t think it is super old and does not date back to the foundation. There is a road nearby and power lines so am pretty sure this is a more modern insulator,

MNDigger
11-18-2009, 11:17 AM
The hunt may not have turned out like you were hoping for but I am sure a return visit will get you back on some goodies like you had on the first hunt! thumbsup01

del
11-18-2009, 01:25 PM
yeah the insulator looks like a newer one but are still neat finds , but i bet ya the guy that designed that stopper (unlosable stopper)was related to the the guy who designed the Titanic ( unsinkable ship) :twirlingeyes: don't know how people can make such bold statements on items .

Dan

SeabeeRon
11-20-2009, 05:38 PM
Love seeing the relics you guys dig up back there!

RWJR13
11-20-2009, 05:46 PM
AWESOME........