PDA

View Full Version : found quarter

hockeyguy
09-26-2010, 08:31 PM
I wasn't getting along mith my SE today, we just weren't hitting it off. EMI, hot rocks....it was a tough morning for me at a new park. I decided to move to another that I have hunted and been thrown out of several times by the lady across the street and the police. Anyway, I have found only wheats and a British Large cent here , but today I found my 1 st silver there! This park is so freekin old and so close to the Hudson River in the 1st Capitol of NY that you could find anything here....I mean anything!

I could have easily passed this signal up for iron and I'm sure I have before. What altered my pattern was what Angel posted the other day about investigating ALL deep signals. This one was only 7 or 8 and sounded ok in 2 directions but still broken up. From other directions it was either a null or too broken to recognize. In pinpoint and normal, the numbers bounced and wouldn't settle or commit. For some reason I dug it and was very, very surprised when this came out.

Currently, the ground is so dry that I am killing a lot of grass. Typically I churn the dirt in the hole and if there's a silver, it will expose itself. I was surprised that this did not happen....strangely, the coin ended up in the pile whilest i was taking soil out by the handful. After I scanned the pile the sound was happening.

Anyway, things are drying up around here, time for a road trip. Yeah right, don't know when I'll pull this one off.

HH

Aaron

jkress
09-26-2010, 08:40 PM
Nice quarter!!

The ground here is pretty dry as well. We got a little rain the last couple of days but that water only made it down about an inch into the ground.

Sounds like a great park to hunt... except for the lady across the street. You broke the silver seal at the park, now you can just open your silver pouch and the rest will jump in. lol

Good luck next time.

coinnut
09-26-2010, 09:04 PM
It takes a lot of different thinking to try things that are not normal to you. Usually when I try something different and I get a good target, the next 50 are junk lol Great score on the quarter and a bit more sweat it starting to form on the competition :cheesysmile: Next time call the cops on the old lady. Say she is satring at me and stalking me rofl That will take care of her ;)

angellionel
09-26-2010, 09:47 PM
You can't give up that park now, Aaron. lol If there is one, there is more. :drool:

Ill Digger
09-26-2010, 10:41 PM
Sometimes those iffy signals are the best ones. <:
Nice find!
Congrats :grin:

catskillcomics
09-28-2010, 09:21 AM
Aaron, what I think I need to do , is email the parks dept., when they reply OK by them... I'll print out copies to keep with us.. when the cops arrive, show them the OK email.. that should take care of that...