PDA

View Full Version : Nov. 15, 2009.. late post...

Snowy
11-17-2009, 09:59 PM
This post is a couple days late, but what can I say... I was distracted! (Still am, but that's beside the point.)

Anyway... managed to get out Sunday, Nov. 15, 2009, for a bit.

I was looking for those deeper signals at the higher end of the scale.
The field where I was detecting isn't gonna produce a soda can at any depth, so I was up for diggin' ta China...!

It turned out to be a beautiful afternoon and I was overdressed... go figure... mid Nov. in Maine you'd need at least a long sleeve long-john shirt and a warm hunting type sweatshirt, right? WRONG on this day...

Anyway, I was getting good signals and digging deep. It was after a good, soaking rain, so I was in mud.
Some holes I dug filled with water (imagine my frustration, huh?)...

I just wanted a copper and I found it... almost an undetermineable signal because it was under a hump in the the field. I worked it and got it...

Here's what I got (can't get a date off the LC):

angellionel
11-17-2009, 10:04 PM
Ah! You had a beautiful day for detecting, and found a large cent. It looks like there are some details visible under that crusted on soil too. Nice!

Snowy
11-17-2009, 10:10 PM
A little detail, but it got thrown in some Noxon for a minute... now it's pitted a bit.
Pretty old... wish I could find another one in the yard again..

OH! Forgot to mention.... when you all are out there detecting, be aware of your surroundings...
I found this copper, got Joe's attention and did a little hip wiggle thingy before I noticed a jogger coming up the road... I wasn't too far from the road and I know the guy saw me. Joe put all his detecting equipment down and started walking toward me. When he reached me the jogger was in line with us (the jogger on the road, us in the field). I looked at the jogger and caught hiim turning his head toward us, then realizing I saw him he turned his head quickly...

The entire situation never dawned on me until that moment... imagine what that poor jogger was thinking! :shocked04:

Epi-hunter
11-17-2009, 10:10 PM
Wow Donna, some tough looking clad quarters lol But a LC, however crusted, is a great find in my book any day! :)

Krom
11-17-2009, 10:31 PM
Yep... it's sweet to dig an LC... always... but my 2¢ is, the main reason you got that signal is 'cause of the day's rain we got, previous, 'cause we've been over & over that spot so many times!
Dry soil usually will give us the silver sigs, but water-saturated soil, generally, will make the coppers' sing (which, in turn, makes us all dance). ;)

OkieDigger
11-17-2009, 10:37 PM
Great find snowy!

Snowy
11-17-2009, 10:51 PM
Yep... it's sweet to dig an LC... always... but my 2¢ is, the main reason you got that signal is 'cause of the day's rain we got, previous, 'cause we've been over & over that spot so many times!
Dry soil usually will give us the silver sigs, but water-saturated soil, generally, will make the coppers' sing (which, in turn, makes us all dance). ;)

I've never been over that spot... you and 3 other guys have...
None of them weilded an MXT. ;)

Seriously, though.. I know what you're sayin'.... Wish I knew what that signal mighta been witth my machine in dry soil.

Dave
11-18-2009, 01:14 AM
Congratulations on the LC! thumbsup01

del
11-18-2009, 03:37 AM
congrats on the large copper Donna , looks like a Matron or coronet head too.

MNDigger
11-18-2009, 11:14 AM
WTG on the LC! Sometimes it pays to dig those iffy deep signals! thumbsup01

coinnut
11-18-2009, 12:44 PM
Great find. Love them coppers. Even though they don't come out clean most of the time, there is just something exciting about finding a large green coin lol Maybe next time you can video that hip shakin' dance, so we can all see it :grin: Wonder what that jogger was thinking??

del
11-18-2009, 01:35 PM
Maybe next time you can video that hip shakin' dance, so we can all see it :grin:

Don't feel weird Donna i've caught Coinnut doing that hip shaking dance on a few occasions , it isn't pretty and makes me extremely uncomfortble everytime he does it too. :shocked04: :huh: :embarrassed: :-\ crying01 lol lol lol

coinnut
11-18-2009, 01:39 PM
Don't feel weird Donna i've caught Coinnut doing that hip shaking dance on a few occasions , it isn't pretty and makes me extremely uncomfortble everytime he does it too. :shocked04: :huh: :embarrassed: :-\ crying01 lol lol lol

Please... That's not a hip shaking dance I was doing.... that was my Oh ---- falling dance I was doing lol Believe me Del if you see one of my real hip shaking dances, you will be scarred for life. :twirlingeyes:

Snowy
11-18-2009, 07:25 PM
Maybe next time you can video that hip shakin' dance, so we can all see it :grin: Wonder what that jogger was thinking??

lol ... I reserve that one for live performances, and even THEN you'd be lucky to catch it. ;)

I don't even wanna THINK about what the jogger was thinking... it couldn't have looked very good...
A couple in a farm field, one shaking their hips at the other and the other dropping everything to get closer... :embarrassed:
It never dawned on me until I saw the jogger's face.. I guess that mighta kinda made me think and realize.. :rolleyes:

hockeyguy
11-18-2009, 08:36 PM
Nice find on the copper.....they feel so good in ur hand....a real coin thumbsup01

Lowjiber
11-18-2009, 09:11 PM
I've never been over that spot... you and 3 other guys have...
None of them weilded an MXT. ;)

lol

Nice dig Donna!!! You sure know how to cash in with that MXT. 6x9 coil?

Snowy
11-19-2009, 05:18 AM
Yup. I use nothing BUT the 6X9DD. Krom kept taking it off my machine and puting it on his DFX so i got him one for an early Christmas present. Gave it to him last week and he's loving it.

I've learned a couple new tricks with it on my own, although I'm sure others already know them.
I'm enjoying the machine, just wish I had more time to get out, especially before snow flies.

Lane
11-19-2009, 09:37 PM
WTG on the large cent. thumbsup01