PDA

View Full Version : Mercury Dime Makes 800

angellionel
09-29-2010, 07:42 PM
I finally made the 800 silver coin mark, with a 1930 mercury dime :happydance01: I couldn't wait until the weekend to hit the mark, so this afternoon I worked a small common for a few hours and picked up two mercury dimes, dated 1930 and 1938. I also dug up two large cents, dated 1851 and 1853, and two Indian Head cents, dated 1904 and 1906.

The two silver beauties.

http://www.angellionel.com/myfinds/2010/September/silverdimes_092910.jpg

My 54th and 55th U.S. large cents of the year. They look like they will clean up nicely and show some fine details as well.

http://www.angellionel.com/myfinds/2010/September/largecents_092910.jpg

These make up my 117th and 118th Indian Head cents this year.

http://www.angellionel.com/myfinds/2010/September/indianheadcents_092910.jpg

HH!

Ill Digger
09-29-2010, 08:44 PM
WOW !! That was a nice hunt!
Both the LCs look lke they'll up pretty nice! :yes:
:clapping: Congrats on the mile stone :thumbsup01: 800 !! :shocked04: Holy cow !!

jkress
09-29-2010, 08:46 PM
800!!! :shocked04: :shocked04: :shocked04: :shocked04:

That is a seriously impressive amount of silver coinage!

A great big congrats to you. A lot of patience and interpreting goes into those kinds of numbers.

I wonder what you will end up with for the year?

You are a big inspiration to me... keeps me out there digging.

Well done Angel.

Exploreruser
09-29-2010, 09:10 PM
Those coins look fantastic.. Congratulations on digging 800 silvers.. :beerbuddy:

xzlr8n
09-29-2010, 09:20 PM
Big Congrats!! Beautiful '30 Mercury for the 800th to boot.

Myownwings
09-29-2010, 09:28 PM
Congratulations Angel, I'll bet you hit 1000 before the end of the year :)

Epi-hunter
09-29-2010, 09:31 PM
Congratulations!

coinnut
09-29-2010, 11:11 PM
Whoo hoo 801 :lol: Sweet :clapping: Nice job on them silvers and nice coppers too!! They may clean up yet :yes: Now that the 800 monkey is off your back, I guess we are looking at 900?? :lol:

dave in iowa
09-29-2010, 11:39 PM
just amazing angel

randy
09-30-2010, 05:10 AM
Congrats on your milestone, Angel :clapping:, and here's to many more to come :beerbuddy:

RobW
09-30-2010, 07:00 AM
Awsome!!! Congradulations!!!!! THat's one heck of a mile stone

CyberSage
09-30-2010, 07:22 AM
Very impressive Angel! Congratulations on a great year so far. I hope you will share a picture of it all in a pile. That would be awesome looking. :cool:

Jack

angellionel
09-30-2010, 10:33 AM
Thank you for the kind comments everyone! :yes:

WOW !! That was a nice hunt!
Both the LCs look lke they'll up pretty nice! :yes:
:clapping: Congrats on the mile stone :thumbsup01: 800 !! :shocked04: Holy cow !!

800!!! :shocked04: :shocked04: :shocked04: :shocked04:

That is a seriously impressive amount of silver coinage!

A great big congrats to you. A lot of patience and interpreting goes into those kinds of numbers.

I wonder what you will end up with for the year?

You are a big inspiration to me... keeps me out there digging.

Well done Angel.

Those coins look fantastic.. Congratulations on digging 800 silvers.. :beerbuddy:

Believe me guys, when the year first began I had no idea that I would have such a successful year. I did not even think that I would beat last year's total. :confused: It really has been a year to remember. :yes:

Big Congrats!! Beautiful '30 Mercury for the 800th to boot.

It seems fitting that a mercury dime would be the 800th seeing as they make the bulk of the finds. :smitten:

Congratulations Angel, I'll bet you hit 1000 before the end of the year :)

Man, that would be great. :shocked01: Hopefully it will be a mild winter, allowing for some late year hunts.

Congratulations!

Can you now put your whip away. :lol:

Whoo hoo 801 :lol: Sweet :clapping: Nice job on them silvers and nice coppers too!! They may clean up yet :yes: Now that the 800 monkey is off your back, I guess we are looking at 900?? :lol:

I'll be shooting for 900 before the ground starts to freeze. :grin:

just amazing angel

Congrats on your milestone, Angel :clapping:, and here's to many more to come :beerbuddy:

Awsome!!! Congradulations!!!!! THat's one heck of a mile stone

Thanks guys! :thumbsup01:

Very impressive Angel! Congratulations on a great year so far. I hope you will share a picture of it all in a pile. That would be awesome looking. :cool:

Jack

I hadn't thought of doing that this time as I have been placing many of the better coins in 2X2s. :confused: I'll see about it though, as it sure would make for a nice photo. :yes: Thanks, Jack!

RobW
09-30-2010, 10:37 AM
Ya know you focus a lot on your silver...and I don't blame you, but you have so many other impressive finds such as your old coppers that most of us would kill for...I just don't think they feel the love :crying01:

Maybe you should just leave them in the ground for the rest of us to find! :lol:

Epi-hunter
09-30-2010, 12:19 PM
I hadn't thought of doing that this time as I have been placing many of the better coins in 2X2s. :confused: I'll see about it though, as it sure would make for a nice photo. :yes: Thanks, Jack!

I think a really good rainy-day activity for you would be to remove all 800+ silver coins from the 2X2's, pile them together haphazardly, take a photo, then return each silver coin to its correctly-labeled 2X2. :lol:

That should put you in a frame of mind similar to that which you display when stuck in traffic on the freeway with almost no gas in the tank. :lol: :rofl: :rofl: :stretcher:

angellionel
09-30-2010, 01:34 PM
Ya know you focus a lot on your silver...and I don't blame you, but you have so many other impressive finds such as your old coppers that most of us would kill for...I just don't think they feel the love :crying01:

Maybe you should just leave them in the ground for the rest of us to find! :lol:

I'm attracted to shiny things. :lol: I do like the coppers, actually, but I hate it when many come out with hardly any details on them. :bummer: This year I have found a total of 80 coppers, 55 of them US large cents. I also love the Indian Head cents. They seem to hold up much better and tend to clean up well. :smitten:

I think a really good rainy-day activity for you would be to remove all 800+ silver coins from the 2X2's, pile them together haphazardly, take a photo, then return each silver coin to its correctly-labeled 2X2. :lol:

That should put you in a frame of mind similar to that which you display when stuck in traffic on the freeway with almost no gas in the tank. :lol: :rofl: :rofl: :stretcher:

You are not helping. :lol:

Exploreruser
09-30-2010, 02:44 PM
Holy cow!!! I guess I didn't realize that was 800 silvers for just this year alone.. :duh: That's an amazing accomplishment.. :clapping: I'm lucky to pull 20 a year.. :lol: Again Congratulations to you..

SeabeeRon
09-30-2010, 04:23 PM
What can I say that hasn't already been said?!!? Congratus Maximus!! :clapping: :cheering: :peace: :happydance01: :yahoo:

angellionel
09-30-2010, 06:05 PM
Holy cow!!! I guess I didn't realize that was 800 silvers for just this year alone.. :duh: That's an amazing accomplishment.. :clapping: I'm lucky to pull 20 a year.. :lol: Again Congratulations to you..

Thank you! Yeah, the silver is from this year. :lol: Last year I ended up with 447. :yes:

What can I say that hasn't already been said?!!? Congratus Maximus!! :clapping: :cheering: :peace: :happydance01: :yahoo:

Thanks, Ron! :thumbsup01:

del
09-30-2010, 06:19 PM
did you ever think you would have this much silver by october , Angel :shocked02: :shocked02: and you probably have a good month and a half before the ground gets to hard to dig. incredible totals again and congrats on attaining the 800 mark . :peace: :clapping: :peace:

Lowjiber
09-30-2010, 06:29 PM
Angel...I want to add my congratulations to an outstanding accomplishment. :thumbsup01:

I can't even imagine that many silvers...in a career of detecting!!! :rolleyes:

Congratulations!!!!

sniffy
09-30-2010, 06:31 PM
all I can say is whoa

angellionel
09-30-2010, 06:41 PM
did you ever think you would have this much silver by october , Angel :shocked02: :shocked02: and you probably have a good month and a half before the ground gets to hard to dig. incredible totals again and congrats on attaining the 800 mark . :peace: :clapping: :peace:

Not at all, Dan! :shocked01: When the year started I was hoping for 350, but 800 was not even a thought I dared consider. :shocked01: But I'm bot complaining.:lol: Thanks! :thumbsup01:

Angel...I want to add my congratulations to an outstanding accomplishment. :thumbsup01:

I can't even imagine that many silvers...in a career of detecting!!! :rolleyes:

Congratulations!!!!

Thank you, John! The pile should keep me happy for several years. :lol:

all I can say is whoa

That's what I keep uttering each time I look at them :lol:

rsarge1
09-30-2010, 08:11 PM
Congratulations! :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping:

milco
09-30-2010, 08:16 PM
Congrats on the 800 mark!! I hope to achieve my 800th silver by the year 2035! When the season is all done it would be awesome to see the breakdown on all of the silver and copper coins you have found this year and see all those coppers cleaned up after that big winter project.

wild willy
10-03-2010, 04:52 AM
you are in a whole nuther leage bro! :clapping: willy