PDA

View Full Version : THIS IS WHAT ITS ALL ABOUT COLORADO GOLD

rsarge1
09-29-2010, 10:48 PM
We then decided to head back home taking a jeeHi all RTD and I decided to try and get back to the mine where the beaver damed it up except RTD's nephew tokk us up in his Jeep Wrangler this time the water was much lower but it still came up to the bottom of the Jeep floor boards :peace: but the jeep had no problem and we made it up to the mine that was being held up by a prayer as you can see from the pics.

we detected around this mine for and hour or so and found lots of nails and metal expired bullets and casings LOL .

Soo we decided to go down to the area where we found gold in the past. I wish i could say that we found this gold but i can't there were so many people there hunting we did'nt stay too long but this is what was found there in the last few days by one prospector using the v3i. <: :happydance01:

here are pics of other prospectors working the area tailings.

p trail back over the mountains.
which to say the least was interresting and fun if you can picture three guys and gear shoved into the small jeep crawling over rocks and ruts in the road. LOL

we hit a few spots that had me hitting my head on the roof :blackeye: and me about a foot off the seat :shocked04:.
here's pics of the road and rocks we were going over.

while we were driving we ran into a group of people that belonged to a 4x4 club that passed us up and left us in thier dust lol.

at the top heres the sign and a head stone of a preist who traveled this road to deliver mail and supplies to the mines.

we didnt find any gold ouselves but it was fun and the scenery was fantastic at 13,100 feet just above the tree line there was just a hint of the snow to come.

thanks for looking.

del
09-30-2010, 02:52 AM
great pictures Rsarge , thats my kind of hunt with a little excitement just getting there lol :clapping: :clapping:
sounds like alot of fun .

p trail back over the mountains.
which to say the least was interresting and fun if you can picture three guys and gear shoved into the small jeep crawling over rocks and ruts in the road. LOL

Coinnut and i can relate , my jeep wrangler usually gets a pretty good workout too.
nothing rides like a jeep lol lol lol

CyberSage
09-30-2010, 07:17 AM
Hey Sarge,

That looks like a lot of fun! I will have to try nugget shooting some time. Thanks for the pics and story.

Jack

jkress
09-30-2010, 08:20 AM
Looks like a lot of fun!!

Thanks for posting the pictures.

angellionel
09-30-2010, 09:06 AM
Driving to that location alone sounds like fun. lol That's a neat adventure you guys had, and nice photos too. thumbsup01

Epi-hunter
09-30-2010, 09:16 AM
Looks like a fantastic place. Great photos too!

coinnut
09-30-2010, 01:03 PM
Well at least no one will be taking the family station wagon up there lol I could get hooked on that if I lived there. Picking through dirt someone already discarded and finding gold. Nothing is more satisfying lol Great adventure. thumbsup01 Don't really like the name though....Mosquito pass :ticked:

rsarge1
09-30-2010, 08:16 PM
hi Jack yeah it is fun even if you don't find any gold but we didn't do all that much looking except at the old mine but there was just too much iron and empty brass around so we gave up, hopefully we can make it up there again before too long or it will not be possible when the snow hits, if we decide to go again ill try to let you know in case you might be interrested.

sarge

HEAVYMETALNUT
10-01-2010, 02:54 PM
would love to try that someday.panning in a river or what not.nice hunt!

CyberSage
10-02-2010, 06:43 PM
... if we decide to go again ill try to let you know in case you might be interrested.

sarge

I would jump on a chance to go Sarge. Thanks for thinking about me.

Jack

tanacat
10-04-2010, 08:22 AM
Wow thanks for sharing :) Good luck next time and hope you get to go Jack! Love the pic of the old mine. I used to do a lot of backpacking near there- led kids on 2 wk long wilderness trips. Such beautiful country!