PDA

View Full Version : Capped Bust Dime!

sniffy
09-30-2010, 06:25 PM
Today was a complete washout. So I had no work and my wife was babysitting a house full of kids so Sniffy exited stage right. I went back to my old faithful site with no real high hopes of finding much. This time I focused on the same area I found my first capped bust dime..Not 5 ft away from the same exact spot I found the other dime I got the very same signal at the base of a very large oak tree. This signal was very faint, but consistent. Penny/dime bouncing to Quarter. I was totally pumped, because I just knew it was a coin. Sure enough, 1836 Capped Bust Dime in as good condition as the last! I guess I can only find good stuff when it's pouring down raining. I also managed 3 buttons. One Pewter, one shank-less, and one with the thread still in the shank. Thanks for lookin!

coinnut
09-30-2010, 07:36 PM
Nice dime Jesse :happydance01: :happydance01: I guess old faithful is still producing lol Great hunt in the flood ;)

angellionel
09-30-2010, 08:40 PM
Sweet dime! :clapping: It was worth getting wet to grab that baby. :peace:

del
10-01-2010, 02:32 AM
let me get this straight :confused: you found two capped bust dimes within 10 ft from each other and you want George to go with you soon . yeah we want to hunt all your hunted out sight Jesse ;)

nice dime , you ought to take the dfx next time i bet you'll see even more goodies .

sniffy
10-01-2010, 04:22 AM
Nice dime Jesse :happydance01: :happydance01: I guess old faithful is still producing lol Great hunt in the flood ;)
Old faithful still produces..... :smitten:

sniffy
10-01-2010, 04:23 AM
Sweet dime! :clapping: It was worth getting wet to grab that baby. :peace:
HECK YEAH! that glimmer of silver in a muddy hole is hypnotizing! I'm like a moth in a bug zapper!

sniffy
10-01-2010, 04:28 AM
let me get this straight :confused: you found two capped bust dimes within 10 ft from each other and you want George to go with you soon . yeah we want to hunt all your hunted out sight Jesse ;)

nice dime , you ought to take the dfx next time i bet you'll see even more goodies .
I told myself I'd keep you and George as far away from this site as possible :tongue: Actually Id like to meet up with you to discuss different programs....I've been using the one you inputed long ago, but I feel I need a better edge with this machine.

Myownwings
10-01-2010, 04:39 AM
Excellent find,. I have yet to pull one of those up.

RobW
10-01-2010, 12:29 PM
That that is sweeeeeet!!! Great Find!

milco
10-01-2010, 08:06 PM
Nice dime, hard to believe they were there so close to each other for all of these years. I am sure you will pull some more out of there!

jkress
10-01-2010, 09:39 PM
:shocked04: :shocked04:

Great dime Sniffy!!

That is an oldie.... and in nice shape. I can't wait for the day I clear the dirt away to reveal something like that.

Congrats.

zrickkid
10-18-2010, 10:22 PM
Nice dime keep looking maybe you'll find more!

wild willy
10-22-2010, 06:41 PM
awesome dime sniffy! willy