PDA

View Full Version : How much digging I do

z118
09-30-2010, 07:03 PM
Maybe too much? I had noticed this year my Lesche was looking a little worn, and was thinking about buying a new one. I wound up buying one from Randy and it arrived today... Wow! Could my old one really be THAT worn? Check out the pic below of the new and old side by side. lol

del
09-30-2010, 07:24 PM
now thats some wear , hey you realize your were losing depth with the old one lol lol

coinnut
09-30-2010, 07:39 PM
Time to bury it with full honers lol It served you well and did you proud. I need to get a new digger myself before mine disappears completely. But look at the bright side. You work harder with a worn digger so your muscles get bigger lol

Epi-hunter
09-30-2010, 08:04 PM
lol

I have a lesche, but never use it for regular digging. :)

How do you get the dirt out of the hole with a lesche? :confused:

angellionel
09-30-2010, 08:42 PM
Whoa! :shocked01: Where have you been digging, Z? lol

z118
09-30-2010, 09:01 PM
lol

I have a lesche, but never use it for regular digging. :)

How do you get the dirt out of the hole with a lesche? :confused:

I don't do a lot of digging per se... I mostly use the Lesche to cut and pry out very large plugs. In good conditions all of the dirt down to 5 or 6 comes out in one piece with the plug. If the target is still in the hole I scrape around with the Lesche to find it. If I need to dig deeper, I just scoop dirt out with the Lesche and my free hand. Pic below of my usual plug...

Myownwings
09-30-2010, 09:44 PM
Wow, huge hole...lol

del
10-01-2010, 02:53 AM
Wow, huge hole...lol

wise man say
better a big hole than a scratched key dated coin :yes:

Myownwings
10-01-2010, 04:36 AM
Point taken. Perhaps I need to make bigger holes and not worry so much about precise pinpointing. The flap thing I probably should drop too.

Jack Flynn
10-01-2010, 10:57 AM
A nice big huge plug is the only way to go. A lot less arm work.

RobW
10-01-2010, 12:44 PM
That is one well used tool!

I have found that using the E-Trac, the pinpointing is more ballpark, thus a bigger hole and need of a pinpointer. Plus when you are digging deep, you need a bigger hole.With My Garrett I could pinpoint on a dime and thus I only dug small holes. I don't know if it is just that I understood my Garrett more or that the pinpointing on the E-trac just stinks :thinkingabout: