PDA

View Full Version : New Here, Old Everywhere Else

danhughes
10-01-2010, 06:38 AM
I've been detecting since 1973, when I bought a Jetco Mustang for $29.95 and promptly found a gold high school ring.

I've been active on the internet treasure boards since before there was an internet, and I just found this board this morning.

I've written for several of the treasure magazines, I've written a book on metal detecting, and I've been doing a biweekly treasure hunting podcast (In the Treasure Corner With Dan Hughes) for over two years.

Can you tell I love this hobby?

---Dan

Myownwings
10-01-2010, 11:24 AM
Welcome to the Forum Dan :) I have listened to your podcasts multiple times. Lot's of good info. Thanks.

coinnut
10-01-2010, 12:59 PM
Hello Dan and welcome to American Detectorists. It took you a while, but you found us lol ;)

danhughes
10-01-2010, 01:03 PM
Hello Dan and welcome to American Detectorists. It took you a while, but you found us lol ;)

What, you were hiding from me?

---Dan

Epi-hunter
10-01-2010, 01:39 PM
Hey Dan, glad you found your way over here thumbsup01 Welcome :)

Lowjiber
10-01-2010, 01:53 PM
Welcome aboard Dan!!! Love your podcasts.

I've been detecting since 1973, when I bought a Jetco Mustang for $29.95 and promptly found a gold high school ring.

I had one of those too. After much adjusting and tweaking, it was able to locate my Oldsmobile sitting in my driveway.

RobW
10-01-2010, 02:40 PM
Welcome aboard from WesternMA!

danhughes
10-01-2010, 04:13 PM
I had one of those too [Jetco Mustang]. After much adjusting and tweaking, it was able to locate my Oldsmobile sitting in my driveway.

Actually, I found quite a few coins with that thing! I built in a volume control and a headphone jack (My First Class Radiotelephone Operator's license was good for something after all), and I cleaned up - as long as the targets were no deeper than a half inch.

coinnut
10-01-2010, 05:04 PM
What, you were hiding from me?

---Dan

We weren't hiding that hard Dan lol How are the pod casts going? I remenber you when I was a Mod at another forum.

danhughes
10-01-2010, 05:35 PM
We weren't hiding that hard Dan lol How are the pod casts going?

Thanks for asking! I add a new show every other Thursday. The one that went up yesterday is about long-distance locators. Pretty controversial stuff for some folks. It's here:

http://thetreasurecorner.com

jkress
10-02-2010, 11:46 AM
Welcome Dan.

Sounds like you will be a great addition to this forum.

Can't wait to see what you are finding.