PDA

View Full Version : 1811 NARROW date Half Cent and BUTTONS! *UPDATED PICS*

sniffy
10-01-2010, 07:11 PM
SO here I go again. It's raining today worse than yesterday...which means no work. So once again I slip into the rainy woods....I always end back at this site....The ground being wet has helped ALOT! Anyways, heres 3 buttons. One large colonial button with nice design. A plain flat button with an eagle on the back with 7 stars ( military? ) and a London flat button with an enormous ripped shank. And last but surely not least...A KEY DATE HALF CENT!!!!!! 1811 WIDE date...sorry about the bad pictures...i'm in a bit of a rush...Wifes out and Im alone with the kiddos, so not much time to play with hot peroxide....but this little baby's in good condition...pictures do no justice here....SNEEZIN THE WHOLE WAY AGAIN! Thanks for lookin.

milco
10-01-2010, 08:04 PM
Congrats on the great finds and please let us see the half cent when you clean it up a bit!

angellionel
10-01-2010, 08:09 PM
Excellent find! :drool: It does look like it will clean up very nicely too. :smitten:

coinnut
10-01-2010, 08:14 PM
SO here I go again. It's raining today worse than yesterday...which means no work. So once again I slip into the rainy woods....I always end back at this site....The ground being wet has helped ALOT! Anyways, heres 3 buttons. One large colonial button with nice design. A plain flat button with an eagle on the back with 7 stars ( military? ) and a London flat button with an enormous ripped shank. And last but surely not least...A KEY DATE HALF CENT!!!!!! 1811 WIDE date...sorry about the bad pictures...i'm in a bit of a rush...Wifes out and Im alone with the kiddos, so not much time to play with hot peroxide....but this little baby's in good condition...pictures do no justice here....SNEEZIN THE WHOLE WAY AGAIN! Thanks for lookin.

lol lol SNEEZIN THE WHOLE WAY AGAIN! poor guy...I can relate to that ;) Great score on the rare half cent. I'm not sure it's the wide date and I stared at it for 15 minutes lol I'd love to see that one cleaned up a bit more. Especially the distance from the bottom of the first '1 to the rim. They are very close varieties, especially when dirty lol). If it is a wide date, Breens lists two varieties of the wide date. With rim break over 1 or 2 stars - Ex. rare. OR with this break extended over 4 stars, only very scarce. There is also a restrike made. Easy to spot since it has a break at the top of the wreath, instead of it being completely connected like a circle. Either way, there are only 63,140 of any of the the possible combinations, so it's a very rare half cent. Huge congrats :clapping: :clapping: :clapping:

jkress
10-01-2010, 09:41 PM
You sure keep pulling some great stuff.

Congrats on the incredible half cent. How does she look cleaned up?

HEAVYMETALNUT
10-02-2010, 06:33 PM
nice job jess! she looks real good now!congrats thumbsup01

del
10-02-2010, 09:02 PM
hey Jesse great great half cent coin :peace: :peace: you got to post a nice closeup of that one my friend (so i may drool all over my keyboard :drool: :drool: ). yes i agree it looks like the narrow date variety but that really doesn't make it any less rare or less in value . huge congrats again Jesse :clapping: :clapping:.

Dan

sniffy
10-02-2010, 10:09 PM
Thanks guys :smitten: I knew it was a Half Cent when I spotted it, but then I seen 1811 and I litterally gasped for air...So then I did a little o' this :happydance01: and then followed through with a bit o' dis... <: and then drove home really fast with :grin: all over my face.

Myownwings
10-02-2010, 10:58 PM
Sniffy, what method did you use to clean the half cent up. It worked fantastically :)