PDA

View Full Version : record sale for a single penny

sjv
10-01-2010, 10:59 PM
Everyone hear about the sale of the only known Bronze 1943 wheat back? It sold for 1.7 million, largest amount paid in history for a one cent coin. That's crazy. It was authenticated by PCGS I think.

There's alot of gold going on the market also because of the increase in price. One day I saw it at $1287 per ounce. So, come on down, we want to see ya, good ole Tom. rofl rofl rofl rofl

coinnut
10-03-2010, 06:16 PM
Everyone hear about the sale of the only known Bronze 1943 wheat back? It sold for 1.7 million, largest amount paid in history for a one cent coin. That's crazy. It was authenticated by PCGS I think.

There's alot of gold going on the market also because of the increase in price. One day I saw it at $1287 per ounce. So, come on down, we want to see ya, good ole Tom. rofl rofl rofl rofl

Hey Sal, the 1943 series of steel cents also had the rare bronze varieties. Each mint had some made by accident :dontknow: rofl Yea sure. Breen's lists the 1943 bronze with a known mintage of about 40, the 1943 D with about 24, and the 1943 S with about 6 known. But not everyone knows that the 1944 P, D, S, also had some made in steel like the '43's were. These are also made by accident 8/ rofl Sure they were. :eyebrow: And as far as Good Ole Tom is concerened. I don't think he wants my gold plated rings lol cause God knows, I can't find the real stuff :ticked:

RobW
10-05-2010, 09:11 AM
LOL lol...Good Ole' Tom......Yeah about 95% of the board members have no idea.....my fav is the widow who takes her coins there, and looks up into the air and thanks her dead husband...she maybe got a few hundred bucks....that lasted her all of a week lol

Yeah the mint has really cracked down on the employees making interesting items