PDA

View Full Version : Cut field

Islandhunter
11-18-2009, 05:27 PM
Noiticed yesterday that a field that was all sumac and bittersweet was recently cut and bush hogged so I beat feet for there this afternoon. Found another pesky ox knob, couple of thimbles, a suspender buckle and a couple of Indian Heads 1898 and 1902.

Jason in Enid
11-18-2009, 05:31 PM
Looks like another nice site you have! Good luck with your hunts there.

OkieDigger
11-18-2009, 05:33 PM
You're coming up with some good digs!

coinnut
11-18-2009, 05:41 PM
Nice potential for some good finds, minus those pesky ox knobs lol. But just think, if you are ever bothered by another detectorist, just bury some of those, for them to find. They should leave real quick. ;) Keep at that field, we want to see SILVER!!! :twirlingeyes:

del
11-18-2009, 05:47 PM
very good initial prospects IH , keep at that one

But just think, if you are ever bothered by another detectorist, just bury some of those, for them to find. They should leave real quick. ;)

hey i have alot of those , come to think of it my oxknob count has increased since i've been detecting wiyh you too. :shocked04:stretcher:

co-incidence :huh: :beatdown: :beatdown: :beatdown:

MNDigger
11-18-2009, 05:48 PM
Great looking finds! Definately some incentive to hit that place hard for some silver!

coinnut
11-18-2009, 05:48 PM
hey i have alot of those , come to think of it my oxknob count has increased since i've been detecting wiyh you too. :shocked04:stretcher:

co-incidence :huh: :beatdown: :beatdown: :beatdown:

Really?? Interesting isn't it? :grin:

marchas45
11-18-2009, 06:45 PM
Cool finds IH your getting out pretty regular aren't you especially with this weather. thumbsup01

Islandhunter
11-18-2009, 07:40 PM
Keep at that field, we want to see SILVER!!! :twirlingeyes:

You and me both!!! I keep hoping this would be the year I find my first silver bust coin, but its starting to look like once again they are gonna elude me. I;ve been at MANY sites that are the right time frame for them to be there and have found alot of LC's and Indian Heads but just can;t seem to get a silver bust under my coil crying01 Guess I am just gonna have to be like the Red Sox and say....maybe next year... ;)

coinnut
11-18-2009, 08:38 PM
Bust coins are very hard to find. I have hundreds of large coppers and only 2 bust dimes. It's all about location. There are more bust coins the closer you get to and old big city, especially if it was on a good stage or river route. Out in the sticks, silver was rarer. Mostly Spanish silver is found, if any is found at all. Keep trying. Both of my coins were complete surprises. One was a a colonial site and was on top of a nail (that's why it was missed). The other was at a 1900's house that I found out later, was on a previous colonial cellar hole. I was expecting to find Mercs and got a Bust instead :twirlingeyes:

Dave
11-19-2009, 12:42 AM
Nice digs!

Bentfork
11-20-2009, 12:01 AM
Looks like a good relic site.

Krom
11-20-2009, 08:08 PM
Sweet digs, Bill. thumbsup01
How many ox knobs does that make you, now?

Islandhunter
11-21-2009, 07:00 AM
Sweet digs, Bill. thumbsup01
How many ox knobs does that make you, now?

Joe...I;d have to dig em out and count em but believe it is over a dozen of em. Would love to see Donna or DD get one under their coils.....getting really strange now that neither can seem to find one after all these years. And wanna see that bet cashed in on by one of them too... thumbsup01

Krom
11-22-2009, 10:23 AM
...and I have over a dozen, too (16, I think). You'd think she'd've found one by now, swingin' right along side me all the time. :huh:

del
11-22-2009, 01:03 PM
well it sounds like she has the best partner to detect with Joe , your the oxknob magnet lol :tongue: lol

Coinnut isn't even that dedicated he only finds'em about half the time but even that is enough for me to keep him around lol lol :smitten: :tongue: ;)

coinnut
11-23-2009, 06:04 PM
Coinnut isn't even that dedicated he only finds'em about half the time but even that is enough for me to keep him around lol lol :smitten: :tongue: ;)

Who you kidding Dan, Your wife pays me to hang out with you. You ain't got no friends lol :tongue:

del
11-25-2009, 02:29 PM
Who you kidding Dan, Your wife pays me to hang out with you. You ain't got no friends lol :tongue:

well that would explain why she's always broke i guess lol lol ;)

Islandhunter
11-30-2009, 12:10 PM
...and I have over a dozen, too (16, I think). You'd think she'd've found one by now, swingin' right along side me all the time. :huh:

Joe...well I just counted em and you got me by one...I have 15 of em.