PDA

View Full Version : CELLAR HOLE HUNT *C0LONIAL BUTTONS

HEAVYMETALNUT
10-02-2010, 06:17 PM
got back up to the sites we hit last week.today was button day for me and Gary.he also got a beautiful Nova Constellatio.
i get a merc and zincolns crying01 a cast iron train car and a broken up colonial shoe buckle
hey that's the way the ball bounces.
Dan or G is that domed flying saucer shaped button colonial :confused: never dug one of these before.
a newer old bottle dump not far from site and eyeballed these 2 cobalt blue glass Noxema jars.

HEAVYMETALNUT
10-02-2010, 06:19 PM
more pics

HEAVYMETALNUT
10-02-2010, 06:20 PM
more pics

del
10-02-2010, 09:16 PM
nice hunt Dave , some really nice buttons too. the button you mentioned is what they call a ( blow hole style ) button which is an older colonial that i wanna say 1730's - 1760's era . the button was originally two parts and when they put the two pieces together , they were extremely hot and the holes were there to release the hot gases when they fused the two halves into one piece .i heard buttons of this type were widely use on uniforms during the French and Indian War but those didn't have regiment numbers .

you should make Gary post that beautiful Nova coin on here so we can really enjoy it . :yes:

Dan

sniffy
10-02-2010, 10:16 PM
Lookin good..lookin good....looks like that site has major potential. I actually found on of those blow buttons and thought it was modern. I guess that one will be coming out of the button box and into the case. :)

HEAVYMETALNUT
10-03-2010, 08:06 AM
nice hunt Dave , some really nice buttons too. the button you mentioned is what they call a ( blow hole style ) button which is an older colonial that i wanna say 1730's - 1760's era . the button was originally two parts and when they put the two pieces together , they were extremely hot and the holes were there to release the hot gases when they fused the two halves into one piece .i heard buttons of this type were widely use on uniforms during the French and Indian War but those didn't have regiment numbers .

you should make Gary post that beautiful Nova coin on here so we can really enjoy it . :yes:

Dan

thanks Dan for the button ID.gary won't join..he's not much of a poster on tnet anyways.
maybe i can snag the pic and post it on here.

coinnut
10-03-2010, 04:55 PM
Not a bad day there Mr. Dave. Buttons are cool too. I don't think I have one of those buttons, but if I do, it will make it's way out of my junk box too lol Lots of Nova's being found lately :clapping: Wait.... that drops the price of mine :crying02: :crying02: lol

jkress
10-07-2010, 08:13 AM
Very cool relics HMN... as always. Great pix too.

Congrats.