PDA

View Full Version : Weekend Silver Strike Out

z118
10-03-2010, 01:30 PM
Lots of digging this weekend... I got out Friday evening and hit a favorite spot, happy to just be outside and digging clad. I managed 64 coins in the few hours I had before dark. I sure do love the cool fall weather but those early sunsets are rough.

Saturday I was intent on digging some silver, so I headed a few towns over to a nice field where I had dug a mess of wheats, two buffalos, a V nickel, and a 1926 chauffeur’s license in earlier hunts this year. I dug for several hours, but silver was not to be had. I wound up with 75 coins which included 5 wheats and a 1926 buffalo nickel. The nickel is a nice find for me but I really wanted to find something shiny. I was so intent on silver that I had to give it another try in the afternoon, this time at a spot that had given up 8 silver coins over the past few weekends. This time I dug 31 coins which included 8 more wheats but still no silver! This was pretty frustrating.

I figured if I gave it one more go this morning I had a good chance at finally getting silver but it was not to be... I returned to the same spot that gave up the 8 wheats but wound up with only another 25 clad coins and a non-sterling Miraculous Medal.

Total for the weekend was 195 coins worth $16.95. Silver would have been nice but digging is fun none the less. Time now for some football and a nice Sunday dinner with the family, which besides being great in its own right is probably for the best because the Mrs seems to be getting a little sick of the time I spend detecting!

happy hunting!

coinnut
10-03-2010, 04:47 PM
Are you sure you are not discriminating silver?? :dontknow: You worked very hard those days and from the looks of the wheats, there should be some silver there. :confused: Maybe it's all been found. Did you dig any iffy readings at depth. I think I remember Angel saying any signal that is deep (over 6?) and reads even a little, should be investigated. Those silvers may be just out of range with your present settings. :dontknow: But this weather is great and most of the bugs are gone :clapping: But the sun sets too early.

RobW
10-04-2010, 07:51 AM
Apparently, Angel has already been there!!! lol

Nice hunting...good deal of wheats and a buff.

I know what you mean about the Mrs....mine feels the same way too...weekend widow

Epi-hunter
10-04-2010, 07:53 AM
Lots of digging :shocked04: It looks like there should be some silver there, but who knows. Maybe you have already found all the silver there is to find at that site :yes: