PDA

View Full Version : Sneaked Of From Work Today

marchas45
11-18-2009, 06:40 PM
I sneaked off from work this morning around 11.00 am for a couple of hours and headed for the park, man was it nice. I was swinging without a jacket as the day was perfect for swinging, sun shining and no wind. All I found was a bunch of clad, 3 Wheaties and a buffalo nickle but I felt great which is the most important. :cheesysmile:

angellionel
11-18-2009, 06:46 PM
It was a great day out here too, just slightly cool this morning, and warming up by the afternoon. Good weather for detecting. thumbsup01 Glad you got out. You had some good finds.

Epi-hunter
11-18-2009, 06:51 PM
Hey, the buff is a good find! More important is that you got out. It rained here in the south today and was bone chilling cold. Sounds like you had an excellent day.

By the way, do clad coins turn that shade of orange only in the northeast? I have noticed that there, but not in my area or the midwest.

MNDigger
11-18-2009, 07:14 PM
Nice job on the wheats and buff! At least you were able to get out and enjoy the day!

Angie, I dig quite a few orange coins up this way but they are usually down by the rivers and streams.

marchas45
11-18-2009, 07:23 PM
Hey, the buff is a good find! More important is that you got out. It rained here in the south today and was bone chilling cold. Sounds like you had an excellent day.

By the way, do clad coins turn that shade of orange only in the northeast? I have noticed that there, but not in my area or the midwest.

I think it's got to do with all the minerals in our soil up here especially iron. Even the well water is loaded with iron, usually need a water softner with iron out pellets, guess my tummy is a little orange. :grin:

Dave
11-19-2009, 12:38 AM
You lucky dog, It was a perfect day here as well. Nice finds and glad to hear that you found a way to get out.

del
11-19-2009, 03:37 AM
enjoy them while you can , glad you had a productive one too.

OkieDigger
11-19-2009, 08:16 AM
Nice finds! I enjoy finding buffs as they're not a very common find here.

coinnut
11-19-2009, 11:01 AM
Anytime you can sneak away from work and go detecting is a good day!!! The coins are just the icing on the cake. It's nice finding a Buffalo. I'm glad they make a date restorer, so you can at least make out the dates on them. I used to clean the whole coin that way when I was a kid. lol Great hunt.