PDA

View Full Version : Saturday's colonial hunt with Del

coinnut
10-03-2010, 05:12 PM
Well, the Pequot Indian hunt was a bust for me lol Nothing good to show from it. Dan saved his pride by sneaking in a musket ball last minute :clapping: It was a perfect day too lol But one of the other guys did find a brass point and some more musket balls. Another club member may have found a musket rest. So overall it was a good hunt. Afterwards, we wanted to get back to the spot that gave me the 2 coppers last week and Dan's Vermont baby head colonial coin. Since the first half of the day was not that great, we were going there to redeem ourselves. :angelic: Nope, not for me lol Got some relics, but no coins this time. Oh well, I guess I have to wait until I can have a crack at it on Saturday again. Here's my haul:

HEAVYMETALNUT
10-03-2010, 06:16 PM
some nice relics G.some big targets there. are those my sunglasses? i been missing those 8)

coinnut
10-03-2010, 06:18 PM
are those my sunglasses? i been missing those 8)

I would appreciate if you would put a copper under each eye for me next time :eyebrow: lol

angellionel
10-03-2010, 08:13 PM
No coins, but some nice relics. It was a beautiful day for detecting. :yes: I bet you don't miss the bugs. lol

HEAVYMETALNUT
10-03-2010, 08:17 PM
No coins, but some nice relics. It was a beautiful day for detecting. :yes: I bet you don't miss the bugs. lol

them pesky little gnats or black flies are still going for my eyeballs.

Epi-hunter
10-03-2010, 08:20 PM
I was going to ask too if those were sunglasses lol

Love the relics as always George. :smitten:

del
10-04-2010, 02:42 AM
not bad for 3 hours of cellar hunting George thumbsup01 the minature pocket watch is the first one i've seen , maybe that second hole we found will produce something next time . weather wise it was a perfect fall day with nice cool temps so just being outdoors is a good time . i'll post my finds tomarro and the picture of your find from the pequot hunt ( coinnut was packing heat most of the day) lol rofl nice finds again G.

Dan

wild willy
10-04-2010, 04:24 AM
aw dont worry about it george sunday was a bust for me. willy

RobW
10-04-2010, 08:34 AM
Hey you got some watch cases..not bad. A nice day out, with some friends, always a good time. Just need a beer with it and your set. I bet one will fit nicely in that Batman Utility belt you have, you have the perfect pouches just to set one! lol

sniffy
10-04-2010, 05:25 PM
That gun is pretty killer! No coins? NO buttons?....Geesh...what time is it? :grin:

coinnut
10-04-2010, 05:37 PM
That gun is pretty killer! No coins? NO buttons?....Geesh...what time is it? :grin:

lol Yeah, I think Dan got a Wheat penny lol I got nothing, not even a Memorial. I found all those at the Pequot hunt and were all returned to the land owners along with all the trash too :happydance01: :happydance01:. That stuff I didn't miss. I figured the next couple of hours at the cellar hole would produce at least one big copper, but not for me :ticked: I am on a one hunt copper drought. I can't stand it already 8/

sniffy
10-05-2010, 04:09 AM
A ONE HUNT COPPER DROUGHT! :shocked04: MAN O MAN! Thats gotta have you waking up with cold sweats at night! :mad:

coinnut
10-05-2010, 11:01 AM
A ONE HUNT COPPER DROUGHT! :shocked04: MAN O MAN! Thats gotta have you waking up with cold sweats at night! :mad:

It keep me up at night. :twirlingeyes: What if I can't find one next time out?? Then I would be in a 2 hunt copper drought :crying02: Just like Del rofl ;)

sjv
10-05-2010, 10:25 PM
What's the deal with the gun? Any info. about it?

del
10-06-2010, 02:55 AM
It keep me up at night. :twirlingeyes: What if I can't find one next time out?? Then I would be in a 2 hunt copper drought :crying02: Just like Del rofl ;)

ah Del doesn't loose sleep over not finding coppers anymore , i have teenagers that do that now . lol rofl :crying02: :crying02:

now that is a good question Sal , the verdict is still out on that one . i have been starring at gun pictures for the last few days with no hits yet . anybody have an idea :huh:

HEAVYMETALNUT
10-06-2010, 07:34 AM
is the barrel steel or a white pot metal?kinda looks like both from the pic.see if a magnet sticks to it.if it's steel my guess it's real.if it don't stick then most likely a toy :thinkingabout:

coinnut
10-06-2010, 01:27 PM
I'm thinking some kind of blank gun. It's not steel and is some kind of white metal. But the firing design is way too odd for a play gun. The weight is also very heavy for a play gun. If it is a play gun, it would be old, when they made things heavy and to last lol I wish I could have kept it but that was not the deal :crying02:

HEAVYMETALNUT
10-06-2010, 09:45 PM
could very well be G.cool find though.what's with the gay rubber yellow playtex gloves? rofl i hope those ain't yours!

coinnut
10-06-2010, 10:09 PM
what's with the gay rubber yellow playtex gloves? rofl i hope those ain't yours!

Ummm, that's my skin dude :eyebrow: :eyebrow: :eyebrow: I am after all part alien lol

HEAVYMETALNUT
10-06-2010, 10:55 PM
Ummm, that's my skin dude :eyebrow: :eyebrow: :eyebrow: I am after all part alien lol

great a alien hippie! :shocked04:

del
10-07-2010, 05:52 AM
what's with the gay rubber yellow playtex gloves? rofl i hope those ain't yours!

haven't you ever noticed Dave :dontknow: George has very sensitive and delicate hands , i suspect the gloves are the reason . lol lol :teasing: :kiss:

jkress
10-07-2010, 08:24 AM
bummer... but you did get some really nice stuff though. I always like when I can pull a pocket watch from the ground.... which is not very often.

Congrats.

del
10-12-2010, 08:09 PM

the gun was made by a Herbert Schmidt co. a German gun manufacturer that started around 1919 , however the verdict is still out if this is a blank shooter or starting pistol or a real bullet firing one as the company made both at one time or another .

wild willy
10-13-2010, 03:27 AM
could very well be G.cool find though.what's with the gay rubber yellow playtex gloves? rofl i hope those ain't yours!
THATS funny! but i think you opened up a can of worms with G! 8/ willy

coinnut
10-16-2010, 09:48 PM
Continued the Pequot hunt, solo this week. Del was on vacation. Once again I was saved by a musket ball lol That's 2 weeks in a row that I didn't find much and at the last part of the hunt I got a musket ball. Last week it was a dropped one (showing someone's position on the battle field) and this week was an impacted one. It's kinda sad, since this one may have hit bone. Curled right around something thin, like a rib or smaller bone. Takes a very hard impact to flatten a large calibur musket ball that much crying01 I wish I had my camera man for a picture lol Come on back Del rofl Looks like my cellar hole hunts are over for a while. Not much time left in the day after hunting there all day, but it's worth it. It's kinda fun doing them hunts. :)