PDA

View Full Version : Sunday Hunt - Silver + Fat IH

catskillcomics
10-04-2010, 06:57 AM
Went to a park up north of me that I had discovered earlier this year, which use to be the fairgrounds during the late 1800s... during my first 2 trips there I did manage to find some mercs, + Silver quarters...
This time, well, not as good as I had hoped for, 1 rosie, a few wheaties, and a 1861 Fatty IH.
Ran across a couple people who told me that they never find anything there, so I am guessing when this place became a park, they did lots of modifications to it, as I have yet to find anything except for the IH anywhere near the timeframe of when it was the fairgrounds. :dontknow:

I did find another local park there, but believe its newer, I do know it hasn't been hunted, or a least in a long time, as It was loaded with clad.. after a 30 minute hunt there to test it out.. I came up with $4 in clad quarters...
I may go back there sometime if I want to load up the penny bank thumbsup01

All in all , it was better than getting skunked

Epi-hunter
10-04-2010, 07:48 AM
A very good hunt in my book thumbsup01

Not to be dense, but what is the thing in the middle? :confused:

angellionel
10-04-2010, 07:55 AM
That is a nice old IH. I like the shiny stuff of course. lol That other park sounds like a clad bank. :drool: Your piggy bank is going to get full quickly. thumbsup01

tanacat
10-04-2010, 08:00 AM
Hey you had a pretty good day! :beerbuddy: And clad quarters is even better than what I've been getting lately. I'm curious what the token/coin with a 10 is too?

catskillcomics
10-04-2010, 10:41 AM
I'm curious what the token/coin with a 10 is too?

Oh I forgot to mention that.. its a 10 Cent play coin

tanacat
10-04-2010, 11:05 AM
Oh I forgot to mention that.. its a 10 Cent play coin

from a local arcade? Or uhhh maybe from a play cash register .. :eyebrow:

lol

RobW
10-04-2010, 12:56 PM
An Indian + a Silver = a good day...Congrats!

zrickkid
10-04-2010, 04:07 PM
Very nice indeed!

coinnut
10-04-2010, 04:56 PM
from a local arcade? Or uhhh maybe from a play cash register .. :eyebrow:

lol

Didn't you guys have play coins in your area when you were kids?? They were all over here. Nothing hurts more than finding one about 5 deep at an old 1790's house :crying02: You're thinking silver 3 cent piece or half dime and you get an aluminum play coin rofl The Indian looks in great shape Scott. thumbsup01

tanacat
10-05-2010, 02:50 PM
Didn't you guys have play coins in your area when you were kids?? They were all over here. Nothing hurts more than finding one about 5 deep at an old 1790's house :crying02: You're thinking silver 3 cent piece or half dime and you get an aluminum play coin rofl The Indian looks in great shape Scott. thumbsup01

I grew up in the 70's in big city in Kentucky -I had Lincoln Logs and pick-up sticks and an Archie Bunker anatomically correct doll.... lol No kidding.
That's all I remember. Oh and a 12 black and white t.v. that we never watched. I was raised by hippies...

coinnut
10-05-2010, 05:03 PM
and an Archie Bunker anatomically correct doll.... lol No kidding.

I can only imagine what that doll was like lol Too funny!! I bet that isn't politically correct these days :shocked04: