PDA

View Full Version : Interesting finds??!!

RobW
10-04-2010, 08:30 AM
Spent the weekend at the park where I found the Merc earlier this week.....has to be more silver:huh:thinkingabout:

Was there a few hours on Saturday....found on old lock, and some clad....while digging a target, came accross this bone in the hole, not what I was expecting

Sunday, went back, spent 6 hours there. Now I understand what Angel is saying about detecting by tone. I was working hard at detecting my numbers on the E-Trac, but the numbers weren't coming in and spend several hours digging nothing but tops off of 40's coming in at 12-40. I changed my method and just started digging good sounds and the coins started coming, unfortunatly is was only clad with one wheat. I also found this Knife blade....

So I basically struck out this weekend...so hey, at least I got to go out and have some relaxation (minus the frustration)

I said this was a shady area...bones and knives...maybe I need to find a differnt park?!

tanacat
10-04-2010, 08:34 AM
Cool knife! Did you find any details/age on it? How big is that bone? I found interesting bones recently too, jaw bone and a huge claw, I think belonged to a bear. You can take that bone to archealogy dept - have a college nearby? That's my plan...

RobW
10-04-2010, 08:39 AM
It's a very modern knife blade, and well I just reburied the bone, figured some dog maybe back for it..... lol

tanacat
10-04-2010, 08:43 AM
I've wondered about finding a body before lol dig up someone's silver or gold fillings. Still attached :cheesysmile: that'd be gory...

RobW
10-04-2010, 08:48 AM
lol Well it is the month of October...talk about a Halloween theme!!! lol

zrickkid
10-04-2010, 04:08 PM
Cool bone!

coinnut
10-04-2010, 04:33 PM
Rob, stop wasting time digging bones unless they have a ring attached to them lol Sorry, Halloween is coming :cheesysmile: If that park is old and has some old trees in it, it will have some old silver in it. I think you are still trying to get the deep ones to read solid on the first swing. The deep ones are just a chirp sometimes and it's after they get your attention, that you can zoom in on them..... At least that's what Angel does rofl You didn't think I find them at 9 did you :confused: I can barely break the 7 mark, but I'm slowly learning lol

angellionel
10-04-2010, 05:44 PM
There is silver in that park, Rob. :drool: I bet you will start to pick up some more soon. :yes: That does look like a good size piece of bone. :confused:

CyberSage
10-04-2010, 09:31 PM
Rob, stop wasting time digging bones unless they have a ring attached to them lol ...

Oh, come on now Coinnut! That kind of stuff never happens. :angelic: Does it? ;)

Epi-hunter
10-04-2010, 09:38 PM
Oh, come on now Coinnut! That kind of stuff never happens. :angelic: Does it? ;)

Never happens. :cheesysmile: lol

jkress
10-05-2010, 07:59 AM
Seems like an appropriate place to hunt on Halloween. lol

The knife looks pretty hardcore... kind of makes you think twice about reaching in the hole and pulling out a clump of dirt.

Hang in there, hopefully you'll find a nice area in the park that holds lots of silver.

coinnut
10-05-2010, 10:51 AM

It may :devilish: