PDA

View Full Version : another token

dave in iowa
10-04-2010, 10:41 PM
Found another bar token from my town, my daughters father -in-law , is a big collector and along with a few other guys has written a book on them , these are ones he dosent have , the square one is one he;d never seen , ive found 3 of them herein town and gave one to his son and he gave it to him for xmas, the other one is a ill. token and the next is from a local tavern thats been one for over 100 years , the 2 of them date to the turn of the century , i love finding tokens . the round one is the one i found today

del
10-05-2010, 06:20 AM
those are great Dave , i really like tokens and i wish we would find more of them around here . congrats on them fine examples :clapping:

RobW
10-05-2010, 06:54 AM
TYrade tokens are cool. Shows you how industrious our forefathers were. Try it now and the gov't would probably come down on you for trying to undermine their currency...cause the gov't makes money on minting coins, and they make the laws......hhhhmmmm..... :thinkingabout:

Jason in Enid
10-05-2010, 07:43 AM
wow, lots of old tokens being found lately. Makes me sad I haven't found any this year. :angry:

Congrats on your finds!

jkress
10-05-2010, 07:51 AM
another nice token Dave... you are on a roll.

Hopefully we can get out again towards the end of the week. I know we have a good chunk of detecting time left this year, but with the first frost yesterday... kind of gets a person realizing that the end to the season is coming. :crying02:

I'm hoping to get out a little this evening after work.... hoping.

angellionel
10-05-2010, 08:48 AM
Good going, Dave! Those are some very nice tokens.

coinnut
10-05-2010, 10:45 AM
Dave, your're gonna get them collectors into metal detecting with those kind of results lol After all, where else can you get items that were once common and are now scarce?? We get a lot of colonial coins that I could never afford to buy. That's one reason I love detecting. :yes: