PDA

View Full Version : Deer Hunting for MD Hunting Silver, IH & More

catskillcomics
10-05-2010, 07:31 PM
As return favor for setting up my friend to go deer hunting at my parents house in Nebraska, he allowed me to go metal detecting on 3 acres of prime real estate. The property he owns use to be a site of an hotel, then later on used as a boarding house , then burnt to ground in early 70's
It was quite wet and mucky, but what the hell, I thought I'd give it a whirl for an hour or so.. first hit with a minute or two , was the 1898 Barber dime :peace:
OK, I am now wound up.. over the next hour I ended up with 11 wheaties (ranging from 1910s to the 1940s), 1903 Indian Head, the 1898 Barber, and a couple scarce clad lincolns. I have a good feeling about this property since I didn't get far this evening maybe a 20 yard by 20 yard section of the property..
Im having some High EMI issues.. so I need to figure something out about that.. I feel that I may be missing some deeper targets.

jkress
10-05-2010, 07:38 PM
Super Barber!! I am still trying to break 1900 on silver... it's harder than I thought it would be.

Sounds like a great place to hunt. High EMI drives me crazy. There is only so much of the grunting and chirping that I can take.

Congrats.

coinnut
10-05-2010, 08:34 PM
20x20 area? lol Sounds like you have a lot more to find :shocked04: Great spot you have there Scott. If it were me, I would get the machine a bit quieter by dropping the sensitivity a couple of numbers and hunt more of the area. After you go through most of it, then try different settings. Stability is most important, even over depth :yes: I take it neither of our programs worked because of the EMI. You got two nice coins and I'm sure more lurk there. Good luck, and it looks like you are gonna have a blast. :clapping:

randy
10-05-2010, 08:39 PM
Nice barber :clapping:. Agree, drop sensitivity, especially if you don't think the area has been hunted too hard before. Good luck with that site.

angellionel
10-05-2010, 09:43 PM
You have got to hit that site without mercy. lol Nice old Barber dime and IH. :yes:

milco
10-05-2010, 09:54 PM
Awesome! Hope you find more goodies! I find it's always hard to slow down and concentrate when you get to a new site and make a find like that barber in the beginning of the hunt.

rsarge1
10-05-2010, 09:58 PM
great looking barber you might also try frequency offset to help quiet her down good luck

del
10-06-2010, 01:45 PM
very sweet to get a place like that to explore and from the first results it looks like it has great potential Scott . another suggestion is going to single frequency 15khz , i believe that isn't affected as much by emi as dual frequency or the 3khz . smaller coils are less affected and i think the DD coils as well . keep us updated on the finds from that area .

Dan