PDA

View Full Version : New from Philadelphia with a V3i

lawsonland
10-06-2010, 06:57 PM
Hi,
Just found the site.
I got a V3 about 1 year ago, it never seemed gound balance correctly. A couple weeks ago I was fed up and sent it in. I now have a V3i that will ground balance and am slowly working with it.
I have been reading posts and picking up good info. I do have a question- What is the &quot:beerbuddy:ook of Jack
Thanks

Current MD owned

V3i, DFX, Beach Hunter ID, BH tracker IV (start with this)

Epi-hunter
10-06-2010, 07:06 PM
Hi and welcome! Glad you are figuring out the V3i... it is a great detector from everything I hear!

As for the 'book of Jack'.... check out CyberSage's (Jack's) posts on the White's forum here. Lowjiber has accumulated his posts and other information into a document which can be sent to you.

randy
10-06-2010, 07:48 PM
Uh oh, competition :poke: lol Welcome from Chester County. You should find good stuff with that V3. There are some excellent programs posted on this forum. Good luck.

coinnut
10-06-2010, 09:36 PM
Welcome from Massachusetts. Take some time to look around and hope you do well with your V3i :clapping:

angellionel
10-06-2010, 11:10 PM
Welcome from Western MA!

del
10-07-2010, 02:32 AM
hello Lawsonland , welcome to the forum . yes the book of Jack is a great bunch of very useful information for the v3 owner , Cybersage has done a very good job testing that machine in the field and Lowjiber did a great job compiling it all together for the user.

Dan

Lowjiber
10-07-2010, 06:50 AM
Welcome to our forum family from southern Nevada.

Since you've had a Vision since they first became available, you're aware that there was very little actual documentation available (including a user's manual) at first. Those of us who had the early version (mine is serial #016) shared much information via forums...some of which seems elementary now. So, I started collecting information that many were sharing into a single document (that I've maintained a bit).

Jack (Cybersage) is a very experienced detectorist and an expert with the DFX. He brought a lot of skills to the table as the Vision became more popular. Hence the name...The Book of Jack. It's simply a gathering of thoughts from a variety of experts regarding many aspects of the machine. I've tried to give credit to each author and transcribed their posts and programs without any real editing.

I'll email you a (PDF) copy this morning.

RobW
10-07-2010, 01:48 PM
And yet another welcome from the big little state of MA!