PDA

View Full Version : Cool hunt

pulltabsteve
10-07-2010, 03:35 PM
Hi gang! Havent been on here much. Work is winding down at the course and its the busy time for me. I have been getting out. A few colonial era buttons some late silver and clad. Nothing spectacular. I have been also trying to gain permission to some private property sites. I was up at my favorite park a few weeks ago and as always, people want to talk about the hobby. This 1 guy said I could detect his property. Its an old town and he lives on an old road. He said his house was built in 1970. I did some research and found out his property was a farm in the early 1800s. Well I called up my buddy and told him I got us a new site to detect. We met up last weekend and the first target I dug was a bicentenial half. Lots of clad and iron were around. About a half hour into it my friend calls me over. He digs out a 1786 new jersey copper! I was happy for him its his oldest coin, but next time I get a promising site, Im going to hit it first before I invite anyone to it :grin:

coinnut
10-07-2010, 03:59 PM
I think a fair trade would be that you cut that New Jersey copper in half (make sure you get the date side :cheesysmile:). lol Nice of you to include him on the hunt. It will balance out later. Lots of people don't consider what was on the property before the new house. Good call. You did get some colonial buttons and some silver, so it wasn't a bust by any means. :clapping:

pulltabsteve
10-07-2010, 07:17 PM
Cut in half...Why didnt I think of that! :grin: Anybody who knows me knows that Im not greedy. I like hunting with friends and when I get the next property Im sure I'll be inviting friends again. Its the thrill of finding history, whether it be by me or someone else. Seeing a coin come out of the ground thats a couple of hundred years old is amazing to me. He posted the coin on Tnet. Its pretty trashed but still, history. :happydance01:

RobW
10-08-2010, 09:27 AM
Sometimes, it's not a matter of the material things you find along the way, but the friends you make along the way. :beerbuddy: Still some nice finds from the sounds of it.

little man
10-08-2010, 06:06 PM
IT the joy of the hunt I like the good find but some day you come home with nothing back hurting just to get up and do it again YOU GOT TO LOVE IT :loveit: :loveit: :loveit: :loveit: :loveit: