PDA

View Full Version : well it finally happened

rsarge1
10-07-2010, 07:27 PM
Well it finally happened we were told by a park manager that we couldn't metal detect in her park, that they didn't allow that in their parks, so I asked her for the rules and regulations because they weren't posted, she gave me a card and told me to e-mail her and she would send them to me that she thought it was a city ordinance. We left without too much more arguement, but I will be keeping her busy for a while once she e-mails the rules to me LOL.
Not that it will do any good she was very adament :bangahead01: :bangahead01:

I did mange to get another silver bracelet before we got the boot:

I ended up with a 1961 general assembly pin from colorado, a new sheild penney, and a what I think is a chinese penney. as well as a little clad.

thanks for looking.

coinnut
10-07-2010, 07:51 PM
Sometimes I wish I was a lawyer, so I could sue them without cost to me. lol When a town faces a long, drawn out lawsuit, they usually figure out it's not worth the effort. But sooner or later it will be banned in just about every park in America...the land of the free?? crying01

CyberSage
10-07-2010, 10:10 PM
Where were you at Sarge? That's to bad. The Denver area is like that. Sorry man!

Jack

rsarge1
10-07-2010, 10:27 PM
we were in a wheatridge park called anderson something no biggie because i know how to deal with these kind of people i will use her own policies against her lol

jkress
10-08-2010, 08:18 AM
Nice finds... bummer about getting the boot.

Keep us posted how it all goes.

CyberSage
10-08-2010, 12:37 PM
Hey sarge,

Here is the only thing I could find in the city of Wheat Ridge Park Rules and Regulation...

Sec. 17-46. Protection of natural resources.
(a) No mining of any type, including gold panning, metal detection or geocache sites of
any type are allowed except as authorized by the director in any city park.
(b) It shall be unlawful to willfully remove, destroy, harvest, cut down or otherwise destroy
any living trees, shrubbery, wild flowers or natural flora, planted annuals or perennials with
any city parks, open space or recreational facility.
(c) In this section: Nothing in this section shall prevent the staff or volunteers of the city in
their performance of resource management or park maintenance or the normal execution of
their duties.
(Ord. No. 1329, § 1, 7-26-04)

Looks like it is against the law unless authorized. Bummer

RobW
10-08-2010, 01:51 PM
Looks like they got you unless you know the director.... :-\

rsarge1
10-08-2010, 09:02 PM
thanks i havent even started yet to look it up but i planned to tomorrow it does look like i had suspected it would look like oh well i didnt expect to win either way LOL