PDA

View Full Version : A LITTLE CELLAR HOLE SILVER

HEAVYMETALNUT
10-08-2010, 05:42 AM
got out with Gary yesterday and must have hiked 4 miles through mucky,sloppy old dirt trails.not much but came away with a few keepers.
a busted coin silver spoon bowl and 2 plain flat buttons

randy
10-08-2010, 05:52 AM
As always, nice pics. thumbsup01 Now you have to hike back and find the rest of that spoon.

del
10-08-2010, 06:02 AM
what your just now posting this at 6 in the morning :confused: have you taken up detecting at night now , dude :crazy: . it use to be eat,sleep, drink , cellar holes and now you've given up sleeping :twirlingeyes: . your officially starting to scare me Dave . :shocked04: lol lol hey seriously , atleast you got out and silver is silver no matter what shape or form its in .and finding it at an old cellar hole is an uncommon thing to do . congrats :clapping:

HEAVYMETALNUT
10-08-2010, 06:11 AM
what your just now posting this at 6 in the morning :confused: have you taken up detecting at night now , dude :crazy: . it use to be eat,sleep, drink , cellar holes and now you've given up sleeping :twirlingeyes: . your officially starting to scare me Dave . :shocked04: lol lol hey seriously , atleast you got out and silver is silver no matter what shape or form its in .and finding it at an old cellar hole is an uncommon thing to do . congrats :clapping:

thanks Dan! lol nah i was just too whooped to post last night.gettin too old for this hiking crap. :-\ a little sore this morning to say the least.
i wouldn't mind doing a night hunt at some point. :thinkingabout:

del
10-08-2010, 06:16 AM
i wouldn't mind doing a night hunt at some point. :thinkingabout:

not me , where we go there are definately some wild animals around and most are nocturnal , i'm staying off there menu ;)

RobW
10-08-2010, 09:30 AM
Ya'll crack me up rofl

Nice finds. I agree, silver is silver, and that is some old silver...then again isn't all silver old, just a matter of when it has a date put there by man :thinkingabout:

coinnut
10-08-2010, 10:16 AM
I believe the coyotes are a little hungry Dave, so go on out there and have a ball at night lol What am I talking about, I did a night hunt by myself at a pond just last year :crazy: It's kinda spooky, but I survived :cheesysmile: Nice silver spoon part. If they missed that, they can miss just about anything. That could have been a coin easily!! Glad you got out and hope some warm milk and a hot soak in the tub helped you Grampa lol

HEAVYMETALNUT
10-08-2010, 02:00 PM
not me , where we go there are definately some wild animals around and most are nocturnal , i'm staying off there menu ;)

lol Dan if ya got G with ya those night critters are gonna go for him with his pouch full of granola bars.you'll have time to.... RUN TOO THE HILLS......... RUNNN FOR YOUR LIIIIFE!!!!!....(singin Iron Maiden song now)
that's not really funny and i'm just kiddin i hope you guys know that ;)

jkress
10-09-2010, 09:26 PM
Love that spoon HMN!

I remember an episode of Pawn Stars where there was reference made to a spoon made from coin silver.... makes perfect sense to me.

I always enjoy your 'extra' photos too. I've thought about bringing my camera along while detecting... but my spots are nearly as photogenic as yours.

Congrats.

coinnut
10-09-2010, 09:28 PM
i'm just kiddin i hope you guys know that ;)

:eyebrow: :eyebrow: :eyebrow:......................................... ...................... :teasing:

zrickkid
10-18-2010, 10:19 PM
Love the spoon bowl, they are always cool to find!