PDA

View Full Version : surprize hunt

dave in iowa
10-08-2010, 01:54 PM
Didnt think iget out today, wife said she had plans , found out at about 11:00 those plans were with her sister, leaf run, so i went out to a yard here in town , nothing but pennys and 2 wheats , but..... then i got a good hit and this button popped up, quite a bit of gold gilding still on it , appears to be a calvery button (C) on it , on the back it says , extra quality , not sue on the age of it , world war 1 or earlier i think , and this zodiac pc, i happen to be a pices lol , and a littls chain , neclace , costume jewelery , also a token i got earlier in sept, 10th aniversary of chrysler cars

Cheap Thrills
10-08-2010, 03:07 PM
Nice hunt . The Cavalry button and Chrysler token are awesome . thumbsup01

coinnut
10-08-2010, 03:29 PM
Hey Dave, I believe the newest your button would date is prior to 1902 when the Great Seal went into effect on mostly all buttons. The Calvery started in 1855. I also think yours is an officer's button, since the regular enlisted men had and eagle and shield, but the shield didn't have any letter designation on it. So all you button guys out there, please correct that if I got it wrong. 8/ I looked in Albert's button book, but couldn't find that backmark. That is not unusual, since many backmarks and varieties were discovered after his book was published in 1976. I'm leaning towards the newer rather than older button because of the block style of the letter C. A bad guess would be the 1880's lol. The Chrysler token is collectable to those who love their cars :yes: Nice unexpected hunt!!

Epi-hunter
10-08-2010, 03:37 PM
Very nice finds! Especially love that token :happydance01: