PDA

View Full Version : More Silver & Ring at the Hotel site

catskillcomics
10-08-2010, 04:53 PM
Went back to the Hotel site this afternoon for a couple hours.. pulled up 10 more wheaties, 2 Barber Dimes (1903 & 1916) , a Rosie (1948), another War Nickel , and an infants silver ring. The owners of the property just had a newborn, so I am going to get this ring cleaned up and give it to them as a Thank you.

On another note, someone stopped by while hunting.. asked me what I was doing, all in all, this person owns the old hotel down the street (1800s) and invited me over to go detecting... I can hear the silver ringing already.

coinnut
10-08-2010, 05:16 PM
Went back to the Hotel site this afternoon for a couple hours.. pulled up 10 more wheaties, 2 Barber Dimes (1903 & 1916) , a Rosie (1948), another War Nickel , and an infants silver ring. The owners of the property just had a newborn, so I am going to get this ring cleaned up and give it to them as a Thank you.

Sweet silver lol and Barbers too :shocked04: Nice finds Scott. You are getting some great hunts in lately. I bet that place will have you busy for a while. Nice little ring and a great idea about giving it back to them. :clapping:

On another note, someone stopped by while hunting.. asked me what I was doing, all in all, this person owns the old hotel down the street (1800s) and invited me over to go detecting... I can hear the silver ringing already.

You must have a trusting face lol If you come to my house and want to detect, I'll blast you :hammer: rofl
That is some great luck to have someone come out and offer another hotel. :shocked04:stretcher: I bet it only took a micro second to accept rofl Great hunt and some great hunts to come too! thumbsup01

Epi-hunter
10-08-2010, 05:49 PM
Wow Scott, great finds! :happydance01: A two-barber dime day is a day worth cheering :cheering:

I love the ring too; very nice what you are planning to do with it! :yes:

randy
10-08-2010, 06:45 PM
Nice silver :happydance01: My guess is that site has alot more to give up.

catskillcomics
10-08-2010, 07:56 PM
You must have a trusting face lol If you come to my house and want to detect, I'll blast you :hammer: rofl
That is some great luck to have someone come out and offer another hotel. :shocked04:stretcher: I bet it only took a micro second to accept rofl Great hunt and some great hunts to come too! thumbsup01

The nice thing about this town is that there are 6 or 7 main hotels, some still around, some gone, that were the Hot Spots for Wealthy & Famous folks from NYC, PA, Etc during the late 1800s and early 1900s. So popular, that the NY Times would report who was coming and going up in this town and which hotels they would stay at.
The town is tiny, but back then, for 2,000 or 3,000 people to arrive for just the week, or month was common.
I am excited about the potential of the other hotel, though some friends of mine from the area warned me of this fella and his wife.. more than likely they will want to keep everything I find, and follow me everywhere I go.. so, more than likely I will not be hunting there.

coinnut
10-08-2010, 08:08 PM
the potential of the other hotel, though some friends of mine from the area warned me of this fella and his wife.. more than likely they will want to keep everything I find, and follow me everywhere I go.. so, more than likely I will not be hunting there.

So I take it you would be accepting iron and rejecting everything else? lol :embarrassed: They can have all the nails they can pocket. :yes: I don't mind splitting finds, but being used for their benifit... I can't stand that. :mad: Make it fair and it's a deal. One old guy told me he would let me detect his very old place if I found some property stakes for him. Needless to say the house was as old as 1980 :eyebrow: :eyebrow: And when I looked for his stakes, and did not find them, he told me to leave :devilish: Glad I didn't find them. :angelic:

catskillcomics
10-08-2010, 08:16 PM
One old guy told me he would let me detect his very old place if I found some property stakes for him. Needless to say the house was as old as 1980 :eyebrow: :eyebrow: And when I looked for his stakes, and did not find them, he told me to leave :devilish: Glad I didn't find them. :angelic:

Yeh, that is BS, he was trying to use you.. I'd rather have a guy say, hey I'll throw you a couple bucks or 6 pack if you can come over and help me find my Property stakes, instead of trying to be sly... :mad:

Beefcake
10-08-2010, 09:13 PM
Looks like you got quite a nice honeyhole there! Nice ring and the silvers you have been getting look great!

del
10-09-2010, 04:47 AM
Scott the hunts just keep getting better at that place , something i expect until you really get familiar with the area and where everything was back in the days when that place was popular. how deep is the average coin your finding there and what are you doing to cope with the emi . a small coil should be alot of help with the emi issiue too , you might sacrifice some depth but if the targets arn't running to deep it might be worth it stability wise . hey whatever it is your doing keep it up as your having some very good results my friend my congrats on the goods so far Scott. :peace: :peace:

Dan

catskillcomics
10-09-2010, 09:01 AM
Scott the hunts just keep getting better at that place , something i expect until you really get familiar with the area and where everything was back in the days when that place was popular. how deep is the average coin your finding there and what are you doing to cope with the emi . a small coil should be alot of help with the emi issiue too , you might sacrifice some depth but if the targets arn't running to deep it might be worth it stability wise . hey whatever it is your doing keep it up as your having some very good results my friend my congrats on the goods so far Scott. :peace: :peace:

Dan

The Majority of the targets have been running only 4-6 in depth, the 1903 Barber, however was 8.5 inches...
I got the machine to settle down a bit on the last hunt, but there were a couple areas, that the machine totally nulled out because of hi EMI.
I pretty much understand where everything was back in the day, the down side is that a good portion of the property has been bulldozed , rendering those areas useless, as it has a foot of rubble and dirt over it.. making those coins too deep to hit.

jkress
10-09-2010, 09:18 PM
Wow, the only thing better than the goodies you recovered today is the potential that still remain in the ground at this place.... and now the other. :happydance01:

These places should keep you busy swinging for a while.

Congrats.

RobW
10-12-2010, 09:59 AM
Sweet finds, love the ring and your plan...very nice!