PDA

View Full Version : seated

hockeyguy
10-09-2010, 03:40 PM
3 parks, 150 miles and 1 keeper. :dontknow: Tough day in the parks for me. The 2 1st parks were busts couldn't get in the groove. Memorial pennies at 7 and quarters at 4. Next park was a killer,. Holding my detector in the air it was going crazy let alone on the ground.

The last was in Albany where I usually get skunked but I did find one in the trash.....there was something sounding good and pinpointed with a very narrow field so I dug. Easy to see why it was orphaned. There was another closeby that I couldn't find but hopefullly next trip I will.
I saw the rim in the dirt and thought I had a barber. Luckily it was another seted dime . #2 for me. :shocked04:
It certainly was hard ot come by deep signals that sounded good. May of them start at 03 28 however, after digging, them resolve to the dreaded 00 09 stuff..whatever makes that tone is really annoying. :hammer:

I guess if your only gonna find one, this is a good one.

Digging sure is easy now. I should have went to Ma........anyone done any work in great Barrington, Pittsfiled or Lenox?

My buddy found a hard times token think it was 1841 on the front and said May, 10 1837 on the back. But big and green. Also said ,Specie Payment Suspended, a rosie and a fattie IH. He always seems to pull a nice one out of there.

Perhaps it would be cheaper to buy these things on eBay. :mad: :bangahead01: :confused:

tanacat
10-09-2010, 05:01 PM
Hey that's nice thumbsup01 Must be a pretty old park? I hate days like those... all the time and gas and excitement of an all day hunt, then don't find anything. Good thing you found that beautiful dime -it saved your day :)

coinnut
10-09-2010, 08:41 PM
Sometimes the travel is a killer. We had one of those days today lol Lots of miles and no real good targets to show for it.But you have an excellent find to save the day!! Well worth the trouble. Gorgeous Seated Dime. :clapping: Now if you can just draw a CC on the reverse it would be worth big bucks :shocked04: Great hunt Aaron.

angellionel
10-09-2010, 08:47 PM
Nice seated dime, Aaron. You traveled a long way for it, but she is a keeper. :yes:

jkress
10-09-2010, 09:16 PM
Awesome dime HG.

She is a beauty... a big congrats to you.

wild willy
10-10-2010, 05:19 AM
oh i understand i do some traveling for squat. it will probley happen today. back to rhode island. willy

randy
10-10-2010, 05:38 AM
Nice seated, congrats thumbsup01

kenfen
10-10-2010, 08:04 AM
Nice seated! That's definitely on my list of finds. I met an old timer here that showed me a near mint condition one he'd dug up in the old days. They are really cool coins.

I feel your pain on the deep Memorials. I dug a Memorial a few days ago at a good 8 inches. That's just wrong, dude.... :crying02:

Have a great day!

Regards, Ken

del
10-10-2010, 10:29 AM
yes the miles we go just to pull out a penny or dime shows the dedication and love for this hobby or we're just plain :crazy: sometimes it makes ya wonder , doesn't it. lol lol rofl beauty of a dime Aaron , i love the ones with the arrows at the date for some reason .
congrats again.

p.s. thats the way to respond to Scott's dual Barber attack by the way thumbsup01 :teasing:

Dan

Ill Digger
10-10-2010, 04:20 PM
Thats alot of travelin' but I'd say it was all worth it in the end!!
Sweet find!!
Congrats :grin: