PDA

View Full Version : 2 HUNTS 4 INDIAN HEADS

HEAVYMETALNUT
10-09-2010, 09:29 PM
got out with roger (the rebel) for a short hunt yesterday.dug a 1899 IH and a 1910 wheatie.a pewter spoon bowl and a pocket spill of clad quarters that got my heart pumping at first at the qtr signals :mad:
fast forward to saturday...hit a few sites with gary(foundationhunter)
3 coin pocket spill of IH's,i think its a badly corroded plain knee buckle ? a old measuring whatchamacallit.i never found an intact one.always find the end piece made of brass.a huge elongated ox-knob( i think this is my OX-KNOB CROWN! :happydance01:) and wondering if this 5 holed gear like thing is part of a revolver chamber?

HEAVYMETALNUT
10-09-2010, 09:30 PM
more pics

HEAVYMETALNUT
10-09-2010, 09:31 PM
last pics

sniffy
10-10-2010, 07:22 AM
Gotta appreciate IH's. Nice overall Hunt, plus it's a heck of alot better than being stuck in the house!

kenfen
10-10-2010, 08:00 AM
I love indian heads. That 03 is a real sweet one. Great hunts! You're in the land of old so I'd imagine you have a ton of these kinds of places to explore.

Thanks for sharing. Great photos.

Regards, Ken

HEAVYMETALNUT
10-10-2010, 08:28 AM
I love indian heads. That 03 is a real sweet one. Great hunts! You're in the land of old so I'd imagine you have a ton of these kinds of places to explore.

Thanks for sharing. Great photos.

Regards, Ken

thanks ken.well these tons of spots are getting pounded out and finds are getting slimmer & slimmer crying01

kenfen
10-10-2010, 09:58 AM
I hear you and I know what you mean. I recall going to the oldest section of the park I live by and an old-timer sees me coming and says, you ain't gonna find nothin', unless you got that thang set fer gold.
He was right, a fistful of clad later I declared defeat and decided it was time for an equipment upgrade.

I've since moved my operations to a bigger park. It's so big, I just can't see how it could be hunted out. I mean, 750+ acres is a lot of ground to cover with old school detectors.

Have a great day!

Kenfen

del
10-10-2010, 11:15 AM
besides the oxknob crown i think you've rapped up the indian title as well , Dave . i like the mason's square you found , i've never found a complete one just the hinge part , got tons of those though lol lol.