PDA

View Full Version : Propointer modification

Canardly
10-10-2010, 04:42 PM
Thanks to Cybersage and to my recent meeting with Herm, I've been using the coin on the shaft of the Propointer to increase the sensitivity. I've been frustrated with holding a coin on the shaft of the Propointer and when I set it down the coin has to be found in the grass, etc. So I've placed a piece of bicycle tube on the Propointer which holds my dime or whatever in place all the time. The tube allows easy movement of the coin both forwards and back to sensitize the Propointer. Note that you have to have the coin moved back when starting up the Propointer or it's sensitivity will not be increased.

When you move the coin forward to start the Propointer signal, releasing pressure causes the tube to pull the coin back again a little bit which is pretty close to what you need to start probing.

I cut the tubing long enough to cover the speaker on the Propointer to cut down some of the volume (not much, though) and add a bit of moisture resistance. The on/off switch is also covered but the tube allows you to work it as usual.

CyberSage
10-10-2010, 05:04 PM
Hey Canardly!

That is one sweet implementation of the Garrett Pro Pointer nickel effect. Very nice. Where did you meet Herm at? Let me guess... Longmont! lol You guys find anything good?

Jack

Canardly
10-10-2010, 06:58 PM
Hi CyberSage,
Herm found a sweet Indian head and I only found a wheatie. Had a good time, though.

Salty Dog
01-01-2011, 04:34 PM
Well,I guess you can teach an old dog a new trick :rolleyes:,how well does it work as far as distance from probe??I will have to try it next time,thanks for sharing,Dave

cnr_dogs
01-09-2011, 10:24 AM
nice mod I am thinking that my Bullseye II is going to go to the kids and I am gonna pick up a propointer after watching the comparisons

top pop top
01-15-2011, 12:50 AM
Great Mod :clapping: :clapping: I just found out about the coin on the PP trick today, now this Mod. One of my bikes is missing a inter tube now :grin: :grin:

fsa46
02-17-2011, 04:40 PM
I just received my Pro Pointer yesterday and will surely use that little trick. Thanks for sharing. :clapping:

LostNowFound
03-15-2011, 11:16 AM
Thanks for sharing the info about the Pro Pointer. I will do the same.