PDA

View Full Version : badly worn SLQ, silver dimes

randy
10-10-2010, 05:53 PM
Got out this morning before errands and other commitments, and was pretty much skunked, but commitments fell thru, and I got the rest of my stuff done early, and just by luck lol managed to end up mid afternoon near a site that has given up the goods in the past.

Managed to pull a badly worn SLQ and a few silver dimes.

coinnut
10-10-2010, 05:56 PM
Whew... I won't even ask you for a date on that quarter lol Still, silver is silver and that is one good silver hunt :clapping:

hockeyguy
10-10-2010, 08:03 PM
I agree, the goal is to find silver and that, my firend, you did well..Kudos! <: :peace: :clapping: :cheering:

angellionel
10-10-2010, 08:09 PM
That's right! Silver is silver, and she is a beauty even if worn. :peace: Nice group of silver. :clapping:

jkress
10-10-2010, 08:31 PM
and just by luck

lol kind of funny how that happens.

Great recovery on the SLQ. I am sure hoping to find one this year yet... but the clock is getting down there.

The SLQ appears to be my white whale.

dave in iowa
10-10-2010, 08:55 PM
good find , i ve only found 2 in 5 years , one this year , no date , great coins

kenfen
10-10-2010, 10:14 PM
I like the way the worn coins feel to the touch. The one I've found this year feels like butter. I keep it on my desk to rub. I know, that's weird, but it does feel good and I love the silver, man.

Silver is silver!

Regards, Ken

jkress
10-10-2010, 10:30 PM
I know, that's weird, but it does feel good and I love the silver, man.

rofl

..... sadly I have to admit, I know what you are talking about. :stretcher: lol

coinnut
10-11-2010, 02:15 PM
rofl

..... sadly I have to admit, I know what you are talking about. :stretcher: lol

Yep, me too :embarrassed: They just feel like real money, not like the junk we have today!!

z118
10-11-2010, 07:10 PM
I like the way the worn coins feel to the touch. The one I've found this year feels like butter. I keep it on my desk to rub. I know, that's weird, but it does feel good and I love the silver, man.

I agree with this 100%! I'd prefer find an old silver in almost mint shape of course, but if not, I'd rather it's well worn to almost smoothness. There's just something about a worn coin...

Nice digs Randy!

milco
10-11-2010, 07:15 PM
Very nice hunting!